What's new

Seemingly Disappointing Shipment from N@H

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bert07

Me like da kava
Well, I should start off by saying I ordered Stone and Wow! root from N@H a few weeks back. Just recently I've indulged into the both of these and I hate to admit that the two were very disappointing. The potency is nothing what I had expected coming from these varieties that are acclaimed to be very strong. Not too long ago I made a thread about how my first time with Stone didn't add up to too much for me and I eventually figured it's just my biochemistry - as others have suggested. But afterwards, I went ahead with my bag of Wow! and this was even less potent than the Stone I have been trying. Now, for the Wow!, I know this isn't a matter of biochemistry as well because I have had Wow! from them in the past and it was phenomenal - one of my top favorites. So taking all of this into consideration makes me think that something further is going on here on behalf of N@H's product quality. These batches seem more likely that they are bunk. Has anyone bought from them within the past month or two? What did you get and how were they?

TheKavaSociety

New Zealand
Kava Vendor
Well, I should start off by saying I ordered Stone and Wow! root from N@H a few weeks back. Just recently I've indulged into the both of these and I hate to admit that the two were very disappointing. The potency is nothing what I had expected coming from these varieties that are acclaimed to be very strong. Not too long ago I made a thread about how my first time with Stone didn't add up to too much for me and I eventually figured it's just my biochemistry - as others have suggested. But afterwards, I went ahead with my bag of Wow! and this was even less potent than the Stone I have been trying. Now, for the Wow!, I know this isn't a matter of biochemistry as well because I have had Wow! from them in the past and it was phenomenal - one of my top favorites. So taking all of this into consideration makes me think that something further is going on here on behalf of N@H's product quality. These batches seem more likely that they are bunk. Has anyone bought from them within the past month or two? What did you get and how were they?
Mate, do you think you could some samples to @Deleted User ? He will be able to tell you if what you got was their standard product or some poorer version of it

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
I sent some WOW! to Deleted User recently, it tested great, as expected. I had no prior experience with it, to compare it to, but it was nicely strong. As in, it was plenty effective at a reasonable dose and didn't require a few extra spoons to meet my standards.
I don't think there are any normal kavas that are mind blowingly potent compared to the next, as most available kava's KL%'s don't vary too drastically. A strong one might only be a few % higher, which does make a difference, it's just not drastic. Also, sometimes strength is perceived by if the kava is effecting you the way you want it/expect it to.
I've also noticed, sometimes my body goes through seasons. Receptive seasons and non-receptive...where i can drink the same kava everyday and only feel the sedation but not much else...and then a few weeks later the same stuff might knock me into lala-land nightly.

Bert07

Me like da kava
I sent some WOW! to Deleted User recently, it tested great, as expected. I had no prior experience with it, to compare it to, but it was nicely strong. As in, it was plenty effective at a reasonable dose and didn't require a few extra spoons to meet my standards.
I don't think there are any normal kavas that are mind blowingly potent compared to the next, as most available kava's KL%'s don't vary too drastically. A strong one might only be a few % higher, which does make a difference, it's just not drastic. Also, sometimes strength is perceived by if the kava is effecting you the way you want it/expect it to.
I've also noticed, sometimes my body goes through seasons. Receptive seasons and non-receptive...where i can drink the same kava everyday and only feel the sedation but not much else...and then a few weeks later the same stuff might knock me into lala-land nightly.
It's funny you just said this. Strangely tonight I really feel it now. The same as how it used to be. Kava is truly mysterious ::orangesmileyz::. Maybe certain strains have their own reverse tolerance?

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Maybe certain strains have their own reverse tolerance?
I've always thought this was the case. It always takes a few days for me to really feel a certain strain, even though I've been drinking kava daily for years.

Bert07

Me like da kava
I've always thought this was the case. It always takes a few days for me to really feel a certain strain, even though I've been drinking kava daily for years.
I wouldn't doubt it at all. First I thought it was the batch, then a short while ago I was thinking maybe my RT in general shot back up for whatever reason. However now I'm krunked.

NPBones

It is good to read these type posts. It shows the nature of hobby and the nature of how mother nature can be strong one day and gentle the next .:)
I know in the other thread about Stone kava I had bought some for the first time, came here to read reviews and saw your post Bert. Then I thought it might not work, then it did work very strongly but it wasn't relaxing at all. Very speedy. Not entirely pleasant. Certainly not Stone feeling! And I have not had a kava like that in years. Most kava is usually average with some stronger and more relaxing than others. To have something like that to over stimulate was very strange. I usually use half a cup of kava to a batch and drink that over 1 1/2 hours. With the Stone kava I was grinding my jaws and the room was spinning at that level holding back from vomiting. It was much more pleasant to use 1/4 of a cup of that kava but I really did not like it.

I am having some WOW that just arrived last week. So far so good. Pleasant. Stronger than regular kava. Certainly not a dud.

It just goes to show how different people, batches and even the same batch can be at different times. I usually just use Fiji mailed from Hawaii. That really is my favorite for sleeping good.

Bert07

Me like da kava
It is good to read these type posts. It shows the nature of hobby and the nature of how mother nature can be strong one day and gentle the next .:)
I know in the other thread about Stone kava I had bought some for the first time, came here to read reviews and saw your post Bert. Then I thought it might not work, then it did work very strongly but it wasn't relaxing at all. Very speedy. Not entirely pleasant. Certainly not Stone feeling! And I have not had a kava like that in years. Most kava is usually average with some stronger and more relaxing than others. To have something like that to over stimulate was very strange. I usually use half a cup of kava to a batch and drink that over 1 1/2 hours. With the Stone kava I was grinding my jaws and the room was spinning at that level holding back from vomiting. It was much more pleasant to use 1/4 of a cup of that kava but I really did not like it.

I am having some WOW that just arrived last week. So far so good. Pleasant. Stronger than regular kava. Certainly not a dud.

It just goes to show how different people, batches and even the same batch can be at different times. I usually just use Fiji mailed from Hawaii. That really is my favorite for sleeping good.
So true. From day to day the effects can change dramatically. Even side effects from the same batch. One night I could have a bad stomach ache from a batch and the next night an almost fine stomach from the same batch.

Wow! is one of my favorites not just because of its effects but also its abnormal, subtle taste. It amazes me how such a good, strong kava can be so easy on the palate.

D

Deleted User01

I'm still waiting for complaints about kava quality from Vanuatu and this is always my first thought when someone says the kava is not as strong as it used to be. No telling when the effects of the storm will start effecting the quality of kava from that region.

Bert07

Me like da kava
@Deleted User01, I've been thinking the same thing for some time now. Those shipments will probably be coming in stock soon for the Summer I would think, if there are any.

Status
Not open for further replies.