What's new

sharing the kava experience

verticity

I'm interested in things
Haha tomkrat...

I've shared my kava with my buddy dj alot but he never seems to feel it enough to go on his own way with it. My girlfriend wants to try it but can't because she's on anti depressant / Risperdal. And I really know nothing about the safety of that Combo.
This is strictly anecdotal... and I'm not a doctor... but I'm on Effexor+Risperdal, and have been using kava for some time with no ill effects. It's a "risk" I choose to take; I can't guarantee it is safe, but there is no theoretical reason it would be dangerous that I know of...

KavaCat

Meow.
List of people I have gotten to try kava, or who now regularly consume kava because of me:

• A friend of mine who will come over here and solicit me for it now, and then stay way too late. I'm going to start charging! lol
  • Room mate, usually just when I fix it, I make him some boroguru. (Too heavy for me, I only mix it in other things sometimes.) He's kind of air headed, and forgetful, and I think he would probably drink more of it if he were even thinking about it.
  • Boyfriend, who now sometimes goes, "We should have kava on [insert day he can stay up late at night]" Then we listen to music and become slowmo rabbits. Usually. ::lurvez::
  • Boyfriend's brother, tried toss and wash like a dope, when I wasn't around. Won't drink it again in any form, but at least he tried. Maybe I'll send him a box of Kalm or candy or something when I know him better. Sometimes we play games together, but I don't talk to him too much. He's a shy person, so I haven't really wanted to confront him.
  • My mom, who will only take the caps, but I might send her some micro for her birthday so she knows what the real stuff is like.
  • One of my friends online had bought some crap kava a long time ago, didn't get anything out of it. We did some Q&A about what he wanted from it. I sent him to GHK, and he bought some micro. Now he drinks it between... uh, well he has a friend who gives him free relaxing herbs.

Everyone who can get over the fact that kava doesn't taste like candy, invariably loves it, and either asks me for more or will go buy some of their own.

Squanch72

Kava Vendor
I posted this in another thread but today at work I had the KKR concentrate with me because I was heading out straight from work on vacation and it will be my travel kava. I shared some with three of my coworkers and they all enjoyed it. One is going through a lot of stress at work and home and was blown away by the destressing effect and really made her lousy day into an enjoyable one. So I had a great sharing kava experience today. I am lucky to work with such open minded people.

VictoryRider

Kava Enthusiast
I have been trying to get my wife to drink kava with me for years. She's not against the idea , but when she was a kid she had hepatitis, and isn't willing to take any sort of risk.

I don't think it would be a problem. That was... um... "some number" of decades ago when she had hep.
She takes Tylenol, FFS, which is infinitely worse than Kava for the liver. That stuff is just evil.

She skulled a couple shells with me at a kava bar once. That was awesome! But, she won't do it again. She's very interested
in the effects, however, which would help her greatly. She has a lot of stress in her life (hey, she's married to me... 'nuff said).
I'll have to do a bit more research to see if it's safe for her. *I* think it would be fine, but want to be sure.