What's new

Shell interval

M

mlenny

I tried searching the forum for this question, but I couldn't find anything. How long do you recommend waiting between shells? Sorry if this has already been asked and answered.

Thanks,
Matthew

Skinskava

70-80 g to 1 Liter-Day Dreamer- My Roots Run Deep-
70 grams- 1 liter- warm water- shells every 10 min between first 2. That will be the more euphoric headdy effects then most kavas ease into that heavier feeling so every 30 min shells after that. Much love and bula

M

mlenny

Right now, it's Stone from N@H. Anywhere from 15-30 grams consumed as 3 or 4 servings.

Thanks,
Matthew

KavaBobo

Kava Curious
Oh you're good.

Usually we suggest giving it 15-20 minutes between shells. I go 24 hours between shells as I drink all of my kava at once ;)
Kap’m,

I’m curious. Do you consume your 40 gm’s in between lunch and dinner or do you wait a certain time interval after dinner and before bed?
TIA

KavaBobo

Kava Curious
Cool! I was thinking about cutting back to one shell. I think I’ll follow your protocol. It Does help me sleep like a baby

ThePiper

Kava Lover
I do about 20-30 minutes between shells depending on strength. If you front load too much there isn't much going on with the latter shells.

Chillbert

Kava Curious
I eat at 6:00 pm, make kava at 7:30 pm, and drink it all in one shot at 10. This is about 30 minutes before I turn in.
Whoa. I have to say this strategy seems quite wild to me. In essence, Kapm (a vaunted and hallowed Kava consumer) breaks quite a few rules of Kava for me. Many is the post in these forums recommending a good deal of time between imbibing and sleep, yet Kapm is downing 40 grams 30 minutes before bed! Wow.

Do you ever vary your kava consumption, Kapm? Seems that strategy would really go haywire with a more heady variety. Just never saw that coming. Assumed you were an evening shell sort....

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Whoa. I have to say this strategy seems quite wild to me. In essence, Kapm (a vaunted and hallowed Kava consumer) breaks quite a few rules of Kava for me. Many is the post in these forums recommending a good deal of time between imbibing and sleep, yet Kapm is downing 40 grams 30 minutes before bed! Wow.

Do you ever vary your kava consumption, Kapm? Seems that strategy would really go haywire with a more heady variety. Just never saw that coming. Assumed you were an evening shell sort....
What’s crazy is that it doesn’t really matter which kava I’m drinking, it either turns might lights off instantly, or just less instantly. Some I notice a distinct antidepressant effect with and some can carry over a little into the next day, but yep, that’s my routine.

yiki

Kava Enthusiast
For a heady kava, no delay at all otherwise the effects will be diminished which is not really a economical way to drink kava.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I normally leave at least 45 mins between shells and drink 3 to 5 a night. I don't eat in the evening, just drink kava.