What's new

Should I be scared?

leckel

Kava Curious
P1000539.jpg

I looked into my mug of koniak kava and noticed some yellow frothing. Should I be concerned to consume this? I'm only kidding, but seriously...woah!!!

infraredz

BULA!
I used 3-4tbsp per cup of water, blended it for 8 mins (in 2, 4min intervals on medium speed) then strained over the bowl, dunked the strainer with kava under some water and wrung it out over the bowl.

Simple, but as you can see, effective. I think part of it is the fact that it was Nambawan (real oily) and I used a lot of kava per unit of water (as much as my blender would tolerate) so it was very concentrated.

leckel

Kava Curious
There's a reason you don't drink Koniak midday. I just woke up from a 5 hour nap. I have to be somewhere at 9am tomorrow, and looked at the time and thought it was 8am, instead of 8pm. I was so confused because I was in the basement. It was the most rest I've ever gotten in the middle of the day. :):):)

Blomdor

Envoy of the Dealfish
In my (short and insignificant) experience, this is the way to tell that you've got a strong brew on your hands, plus the instant mouth anaesthesia.

My Koniak/Nambawan combo looked about like that last night and hit me like a truck.

D

Deleted User01

More Koniak Madness! Did someone declare Saturday Koniak Madness Day? Attaboy Blomdor, your a Newbie and you are already learning the merits of blending. Koniak by itself can be a little rough the next day. You will know when you have hit the pea-knuckle of your career when you have a brand new Alligator Skin Suit. :eek: The hidden message is don't go too fast but enjoy never the less. And a reminder to all the newbies that Kava is good medicine, not cold beer. Hmmmm .... cold beer. Ok, I'll get off my soapbox now. (Deleted User01 is once again ducking air borne rotten tomatoes as he clambers down from the soap box and heads for the hills).

Blomdor

Envoy of the Dealfish
Can confirm that kava is, in fact, not cold beer.

Blarg not go too fast! Well, Blarg start go too fast, but now only drink his kava on weekends. Saturday is now Krunkday! Sunday is also Krunkday. Hail Krunkday!

(Nambawan/Boroguru today. I wasn't sure about it because I have not yet tried pure Boroguru, but I've not got enough Nambawan left for a full batch so I need to do something with it.)

D

Deleted User01

Sunday is going to be Krunkday for me too. Stay tuned for my afternoon post where I experiment with a Big Ole Smoothie packed with Kava. I like to start Monday with a Kava Calm nowadays, not a alcohol hangover. Cheers!

leckel

Kava Curious
So that saturday night I woke up with the worst stomach flu symptoms ever. I was throwing up for over 12 hours straight. I got so dehydrated that I had to go to the ER. They tried several different anti-nausea medicines on me via an IV and nothing would stop it. Could this have been from the Koniak alone, or was it most like just a stomach bug exacerbated by my intake of koniak. The koniak didn't make me feel sick at all, and the effects never got anywhere near intense. I've had Boroguru before, and never even got nauseous from it. I really hope it wasn't the koniak alone :meh::meh::meh:

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
It was the stomach bug (food poisoning maybe?), nobody has ever thrown up for hours on end from kava. That said, I'm sure the kava didn't help as it can dehydrate you/cause nausea. Sorry you had to go through that.

leckel

Kava Curious
There has been quite the epidemic of norovirus going around in my area. It was absolutely terrible, I've never gotten so sick like that before. I thought I would never be able to stomach kava again. Haven't been able to stomach even ice until today. Luckily it didn't last too long, I've been sick like that for longer before, but it's never been that severe.

violet

Do all things with love
@leckel I hope you are feeling better now. I had a pretty bad stomach bug last month. First time in my life my nose got in on the fun too :grumpy:. Too bad it started just after I finished up my kava session, I've never had anything that severe come on that fast before. I heard it's going around here too. Thank goodness for the neti pot.

Blomdor

Envoy of the Dealfish
Wishing ye all well, and especially ye, leckel. My area also has the flu going about, and I just got over a week or so of typical norovirus symptoms...hm.