What's new

Sickness

Status
Not open for further replies.

jim lahey

Shamanic Herbalist
I'm not saying I think that the kava caused the sickness but yesterday around 7 p.m. I consumed a regular mason jar filled with milk and kava. Around six tbs of Bula kava. (Me and my fiance ate baked chicken 40 minutes later and it was cooked all the way through and we are not disgusting individuals so it wasnt perished.
So the whole night it was very nice felt no ill effects then I wake up around 5:40 this morning with extreme stomach cramps, diarrhea, throwing up, body temperature changes, headache, flu like symptoms, i was incapacitated.
So my question is has anyone else have negative experiences with Bula house

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
You mean Bula Kava House? I have bought many pounds of different types of kava from them without a problem. My understanding is that their kava is sourced from very hygienic modern facilities and that their kava is quite rigorously tested for quality and safety. I don't know about the long ago ancient neanderthal days, i.e. more than two years ago, but it appears to be the case now.

Hard to say what caused your bad experience. Unfortunately those are symptoms that could happen if one were having a bad experience directly attributable to kava. It could also befood poisoning. And finally, there are some strains of virus going around the country that hit exactly as you describe. I would make sure to stay hydrated and see a doctore or clinic very soon if you aren't soon feeling a lot better. A bad kava experience and also even mildish food poisoning should clear up within half a day to a day. The other stuff won't leave so fast.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I'm not saying I think that the kava caused the sickness but yesterday around 7 p.m. I consumed a regular mason jar filled with milk and kava. Around six tbs of Bula kava. (Me and my fiance ate baked chicken 40 minutes later and it was cooked all the way through and we are not disgusting individuals so it wasnt perished.
So the whole night it was very nice felt no ill effects then I wake up around 5:40 this morning with extreme stomach cramps, diarrhea, throwing up, body temperature changes, headache, flu like symptoms, i was incapacitated.
So my question is has anyone else have negative experiences with Bula house
I've seen this more than a few times. You're probably actually sick with a cold or the flu or a stomach virus, or food poisioning. The kava in the equation is simply a coincidence. If it were the kava, you'd have the reaction quite a bit sooner than 11 hours later. I've drank isa that made my skin fall off, but it never made me feel like you're describing.

Also, Bula Kava House is a solid vendor who sources his kava personally. Anything can happen, but the chances of Judd getting a kava that would do that, in this kava industry climate, are very very slim. I would almost bet money on that you got a sickness just before drinking the kava, but like most places on the internet will tell you, we're not doctors. I suggest going to your local clinic and getting checked out, because if it's the flu, you'll want to get that in check quickly. I hear it's terrible this year (as if it were good any others)

jim lahey

Shamanic Herbalist
I've seen this more than a few times. You're probably actually sick with a cold or the flu or a stomach virus, or food poisioning. The kava in the equation is simply a coincidence. If it were the kava, you'd have the reaction quite a bit sooner than 11 hours later. I've drank isa that made my skin fall off, but it never made me feel like you're describing.

Also, Bula Kava House is a solid vendor who sources his kava personally. Anything can happen, but the chances of Judd getting a kava that would do that, in this kava industry climate, are very very slim. I would almost bet money on that you got a sickness just before drinking the kava, but like most places on the internet will tell you, we're not doctors. I suggest going to your local clinic and getting checked out, because if it's the flu, you'll want to get that in check quickly. I hear it's terrible this year (as if it were good any others)
Yes you are right, that I know of people in Massachusetts have died

jim lahey

Shamanic Herbalist
You mean Bula Kava House? I have bought many pounds of different types of kava from them without a problem. My understanding is that their kava is sourced from very hygienic modern facilities and that their kava is quite rigorously tested for quality and safety. I don't know about the long ago ancient neanderthal days, i.e. more than two years ago, but it appears to be the case now.

Hard to say what caused your bad experience. Unfortunately those are symptoms that could happen if one were having a bad experience directly attributable to kava. It could also befood poisoning. And finally, there are some strains of virus going around the country that hit exactly as you describe. I would make sure to stay hydrated and see a doctore or clinic very soon if you aren't soon feeling a lot better. A bad kava experience and also even mildish food poisoning should clear up within half a day to a day. The other stuff won't leave so fast.
Krunkie Mckrunkface, thank you for your response I will get checked out as soon as I can

rapunzel

Kava Enthusiast
Don’t forget about Gatorade - the elixir of life. Sorry you experienced that, whatever the cause. I know there are many different plagues going around, including stomach bugs. So I wouldn’t attribute it to your kava unless it happened again, which of course would really suck.

Status
Not open for further replies.