What's new

Similar to Kava Supreme

Hello, everyone.

Last week, I came back to Kava after a bit of a hiatus. Purchased an AluBall and a variety of strains, and noticed that Kava Supreme gave me the most desirable effects, so I'm looking for some similar strains to try. Didn't love their Kava Tonga nearly as much. Kelai also doesn't seem to be for me, as I tried a few vendors. Or Pouni Ono. Also tried the Stone and Black Sand from NKM, which I didn't respond well to. Great customer service and fast shipping from all these vendors, by the way. So open to whatever else they have to offer. There's just so many.

So not sure what it is about Kava Supreme, but it's my favorite so far. I'm looking for whatever strains might be similar. From what I've gathered, these might be my next tries --

Kava Time - Savusavu Waka
KWK - Borongoru

Any other ideas?

krunkgod

Kava Enthusiast
Never tried Kava Supreme, however I would recommend maybe branching out into solomon cultivars? They are really underappreciated and not as widely talked about.

KavaDepot's solomon gold is a really nicely balanced kava with both heady and heavy effects. Very nice upfront headiness and mood lift that tapers off into a solid body and muscle relaxation. Solomon's are ones that I usually give to most people if they haven't ever had kava or claim they don't work.

As for more vanutau style kava, which is what Kava Supreme apparently is.. I suggest the following:

(This one is almost entirely heavy/sedating with only a bit of heady euphoria)

(This is a great balanced, more heavy yet nicely uplifting variety)

As well as this Fijian kava if you are into a nicely balanced heavy/heady kava:

(Very heady/uplifting but still a nice body to it)

Last edited:

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
So not sure what it is about Kava Supreme, but it's my favorite so far. I'm looking for whatever strains might be similar. From what I've gathered, these might be my next tries --

Kava Time - Savusavu Waka
KWK - Borongoru

Any other ideas?
I'd stay away from the Savusavu, it will not be your cup of tea either. KWK Borongoru is an excellent choice, it will not be as punchy as kava Supreme but it is heavy enough to be comparable. Kavas from Vanuatu might be more to your liking and more similar to Supreme.

I'd stay away from the Savusavu, it will not be your cup of tea either. KWK Borongoru is an excellent choice, it will not be as punchy as kava Supreme but it is heavy enough to be comparable. Kavas from Vanuatu might be more to your liking and more similar to Supreme.
Thanks for the heads up on that. I’ll cross that off list for now.

Manga Ono Kava

Kava Vendor
I would love a shot at this. If you would like I can send a sample of the Kava Tonga I supply. Not all Kava Tonga is the same. I would only charge shipping. Please let me know. Have a good night.

Dylan Knable

Country Grits
Very surprised that you didn't hit it off with Stone. I have tried many different kavas and Stone seems to be the one that I can always count on getting me "Krunk". If what the others say is true about Kava Supreme being a Vanuata Kava then there's plenty of stuff to try! I've heard that "Black Label" from The Kava Depot is very good. Myself, I've been testing around with Art of Kava Melo Melo Vanuata. Seems to hit the nail on the head for what I'm after.