What's new

Sipping?

Megan

Kava Enthusiast
I know that the traditional methods of consuming kava is to chug it...but I just received kava king's micro vanatu and I actually like the taste, especially mixed with juice. So the question is, does sipping over a few minutes vs chugging effect the potency of the kava experience? Do any of you guys drink your kava slowly? Or is this a kava faux pas? ?

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
No, some people do, it probably would be a faux pas in some nakamal in Vanuatu but you aren't there so sip away if that's what strikes your fancy.

avahZ

YAHWEH Shalom
Some I like to sip (Hawaiian kavas with some lime) others I have to choke down (Vanuatu kavas). Effects are the same.

nabanga

Kava Enthusiast
One effect you will probably miss by sipping instead of chugging is the quick onset of the kava (the "kick") that you can feel - dependent on kava strength and when you last ate, but for me after around the second largish chugged shell.
Of course not everyone is after this effect, but if you do enjoy it then sippers will probably miss out.

Vekta

Notorious Lightweight
Review Maestro
Sometimes sipping kava is a good thing. Slam a bunch of some kinda wicked blend of kava and it can jump up and bite ya.

Oh and welcome to the tribe. ::happyshell::

D

Deleted User01

I only sip if I mix my micronized kava with Ginger Ale and Lime. I have also been known to do Kava Koladas.

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
I've wanted to try sipping but I do love that kava rush haha. I have what @Deleted User01 calls an innerstoner .. and it comes out with kava... once I get my instant tho I think I'll have some more experience with this here q and a

D

Deleted User01

Speaking of your inner stoner, I'm doing a new thread concerning the little man who lives in our brain.

KavaLot

Kava Enthusiast
I hardly chug kava, been sipping for years. I usually mix my favorite grog with a little bit of lemonade, ginger ale, or cranberry juice. On ice is a must. You don't need to chug to get the benefits from this root. Preparation of the grog is paramount...a blender is the most efficient and easiest way by far.

avahZ

YAHWEH Shalom
I hardly chug kava, been sipping for years. I usually mix my favorite grog with a little bit of lemonade, ginger ale, or cranberry juice. On ice is a must. You don't need to chug to get the benefits from this root. Preparation of the grog is paramount...a blender is the most efficient and easiest way by far.
I use a vitamix. Spin it till it starts to warm, but not enough so that you still can filter out most of the mess. Then SQUEEEEZE that sock until all the juices come out and then a lil more for fun!