What's new

Sleep Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gator

I'm new to this, but the Kava has really helped with stress from work. Problem is that it calms me down and puts me to sleep right away, but I wake up three or four hours later and am unable to get back to sleep. So far, I've been using micronized Ikaika and Mahakea from GHK. Any suggestions as to how to get around this? Lack of sleep is making the days rough.

AZcat

Kava Drinker
I have had this problem and I found its best to take it in the early evening then wait for the Euphoria to wear off before you go to bed. I don't know how much you are using but its a good to take a fairly sizable dose. I use KWK Micronized, last night I had a mixture of Pouni Ono and Borongoru, a total of three heaped teaspoonfuls, and last night I slept for 8 hours and today i'm in a state of bliss. Amazing for someone who has had insomnia for about 5 years !

mzii

Kava Curious
I have had this exact problem in the past. I actually had to stop drinking kava for a while because I just couldn't deal with the poor sleep I'd get after taking it. Strangely, kava didn't always have this effect on me, it just sort of developed over time. Just as strangely, it has also gotten better on its own recently and I'm not sure why. I agree that drinking it earlier helps, and for me, also not drinking it too many days in a row.

Happy G

Kava Curious
I had this problem too starting out, but I soon figured out it was linked to me drinking caffeine that day if I drink caffeine even in the morning and drink kava at night it’s hard for me to sleep ever since I gave up caffeine it’s easy to sleep after kava as long as I wait for the Euphoria to wear off like AZcat said and I sleep like a baby

Status
Not open for further replies.