What's new

So perhaps silly question

shuman

Kava Curious
Ok, so my journey started about 4 months ago. It has been an interesting ride. One thing I learned is patience ...is the key to really understanding awa.
So I pretty sure I almost got my dose down and oh yeah empty stomach makes a huge difference. The only thing is at night I am up quite a bit peeing.
I have tried to stop kava about an hour before and drink less water but no avail. Anyone had similar experiences?
Any suggestions would be welcome.

CactusKava

Phoenix, AZ
Kava Vendor
Ok, so my journey started about 4 months ago. It has been an interesting ride. One thing I learned is patience ...is the key to really understanding awa.
So I pretty sure I almost got my dose down and oh yeah empty stomach makes a huge difference. The only thing is at night I am up quite a bit peeing.
I have tried to stop kava about an hour before and drink less water but no avail. Anyone had similar experiences?
Hey @shuman !

Unfortunately, peeing is just what happens. Kava is a diuretic, and when you drink a quart of anything you're bound to pee a decent amount :)

I haven't found a way around it, but I agree with you; it's a bit annoying.

Kavafied

Kava Vendor
once you break the seal theres no turning back lol

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
The way around it for me, is to make a stronger batch earlier in the night, so I don't have to keep getting up later to pee.

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
Yeah, I have just accepted that on kava nights I will have to wake up and go to the bathroom about 4 hours after I hit the hay. It doesn't seem to negatively affect my sleep.

nabanga

Kava Enthusiast
Do you ever feel real hazy too. Like you aren't 100% sure if you are peeing or dreaming a pee?
Once staying on Tanna my usual guesthouse was full so they let me stay in the managers personal bedroom, as he was away on business in Vila. I went out for kava, came back and crashed and then had the most vivid dream. I was climbing a mountain and knew I had to get to a camp on a certain point on the climb before I could take a piss. Eventually I reached it after climbing along a long ledge, and there was a door in front of me which I assumed must be the camp toilet. In my dream I was busting by this point and peed a gallon before resting in the camp and eventually sleeping.
The next morning when I woke in the real world, the managers wardrobe door was wide open with a big pool of "water" inside it.

Steve Mariotti

Kavapithecus Krunkarensis
Review Maestro
That's freaking awesome.

I get the one where you're in a mall or a big business complex and you're trying to find the bathrooms but they aren't in all the usual spots. You end up walking and taking elevators and searching. And then finally, when you find one, it's freaking gross and there's no way anyone would use it.

I guess I should be happy I haven't found a working toilet yet.

verticity

I'm interested in things
Everybody pees P's, my friend.

@Steve Mariotti I have dreams exactly like that. Sometimes I find a huge restroom that is literally packed with people with no privacy of any kind, or a restroom with toilets designed for strange alien genitalia, or that are overflowing, etc..

Last edited:

dino9832

Kava Enthusiast
..The next morning when I woke in the real world, the managers wardrobe door was wide open with a big pool of "water" inside it.
Good thing you didn't go #2! @Capitán Bastos, is "#2" considered a civilized term?..lol.

On the subject of #1, I've noticed that if you hold it too long, it gets harder to empty your bladder. So, first hint of having to go at night, and I just bite the bullet, get up, and go! It at least cuts down on the frequency of having to go.

Granted, as @ThePiper pointed out, make sure you REALLY need to go. Just don't wait too long.

Steve Mariotti

Kavapithecus Krunkarensis
Review Maestro
I dont recommend the less water more kava proposal because it results in dehydration. You could try not to pee immediately when you feel the urge and you will end up going less.
Yes, the water that I use to make the kava is MUCH LESS WATER than the water I drink to prevent dehydration. Don't fear the water, if you don't stay hydrated while drinking kava you will feel like shit.