What's new

Solomon Headache

infraredz

BULA!
Whoa that is most definitely way too much moisture.

Incidentally, the kava pictured in the photo (in the measuring spoon) is Solomon Islands...

I know it's not spread out but it gives you some idea plus of course, you have all the experience with all the other kava so you probably know it's unfortunately bad stuff.

Has it been sitting in the bag a while? When did you order?

Keep us posted on your correspondence with them...

2Intense

Kava Enthusiast
It is a recent order, it arrived just before the 4th ...the 2nd maybe. I repackaged it to the Zip for better access, but what you see in my photo is the condition that it came in. It concerned me, but I gave it a go anyway........I've done that more than once in my life! Maybe not my best decision....potential Anatoxins.....who knew?! I am beginning to believe that half my fellow kava drinkers are scientist.:pompus: I sent a email to Nakamal@Home earlier - waiting on response.

Monkava'd

A spoonful of sugar makes the Awa' go down.
Wow a little fresh much :eek::sour:. I must also be the bringer of bad news and say to be wary of that green Solomon monster kava 2Intense; I've never seen a kava look quite like that before, and it must be a serious fluke on their part. Though I'm wondering if that could've occurred during transportation because It's hard to imagine such a damp powder going unnoticed. o_O
Those headaches you speak of I normally only get when dehydrated but in your case you've said hydration doesn't happen to be the issue....that's what makes me more concerned. :(
Edit- Infraredz pic is the baseline of what a proper Solomon powder should look like, or really how any properly dried kava should appear.;)
And here's a pic of my newly arrived OmpaMau Micronized
20140717_221159.jpg

Last edited:

blindy107

Kava Lover
^got my Oooompha! Bout 1tbsp down so far. It's a strong one!

OT. As stated. Play it safe. I had a mold scare recently and it is noooo fun my friend. I'm fact I still have to do another tox screen to make sure!

Headache was the symptom but lasted a few months. Hah.

Monkava'd

A spoonful of sugar makes the Awa' go down.
This show always brought out the laughs in me.:ROFLMAO:
Dag nabbit I don't watch them to the end like I should but now I remember why space ghost was so bad hahaha, disregard those videos I posted because they're quite awful. :LOL:
So let me recover by posting this.

Last edited:
D

Deleted User01

I used to drink Solomons and I have never seen it clump. Actually, I have never had any clumpy kava. That is cause for concern. I still have the old Food Deyhrator as seen on TV with the 6 or so round black trays. I only bring it out for Deer Jerky. Pepper and smoke it , then deyhydrate. All that work and it's gone in a few days.

Maybe you can get a refund?

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
This show always brought out the laughs in me.:ROFLMAO:
Dag nabbit I don't watch them to the end like I should but now I remember why space ghost was so bad hahaha, disregard those videos I posted because they're quite awful. :LOL:
So let me recover by posting this.
Harvey Birdman was hilarious when I was 13 and it's either aged well or I still have the sense of humor of a 13 year old boy. Probably the latter one.

D

Deleted User01

oompamau!
Darn Shakas, that was going to be operation "DaBird". I have that on my playlist. I start jumping like a kiddie in a mosh pit when that song plays. That is some serious "OmpaMauing".
By the way, "Have you heard about the bird?". So who is "the bird". I think I know the answer, do you?

P.S. I don't have the PeeWee version, I have the original.

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
Also, have we ever made it to page 3 on a thread on here without a complete and total derail? What sort of vile substance are you all taking???

Just kidding I love this forum. ::ricky::

D

Deleted User01

I read at one time that Surfin Bird referred to a famous surfer back in the time. But now I can't find any reference to him. If anybody finds it, let me know.

Kavadude, it's Friday. We tend to meander on Fridays. It 's "Meandering Friday" at the forums.