What's new

Solomon Reccos?

I'm getting advanced in my Kava game and have found my current fav is Solomon. It gives me the "buzz" and chill I like - my teeth get numb ;) a little goes a long way. The problem is I only have tried the Solomon from Fiji Vanua which is ok or one made by my local Kava bar and they won't give up the supplier ;) the one they make is the good stuff- very strong one to two shells and I'm good!
So looking for recommendations on brands you like and also wondering if thier stuff is so good because they prep it better than I have learned? Maybe it's micronized- instant- I have not tried that yet, I hand kneed in cold water until I get mud water ;) the Aluball also works for me but I find I get a better mix by hand. Thoughts?

Chillbert

Kava Curious
Sounds like you've zeroed in on prep pretty well. Cold water kneading (and traditional prep in general) is superior to the Aluball (imo).

Might consider trying something from Art of Kava. I similarly discovered I like Solomon kavas recently, and the Temotu Purple is a favorite of mine. No need to get the Lateral Roots version, though I suspect it's also terrific. The regular Temotu Purple should do the trick.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I'm getting advanced in my Kava game and have found my current fav is Solomon. It gives me the "buzz" and chill I like - my teeth get numb ;) a little goes a long way. The problem is I only have tried the Solomon from Fiji Vanua which is ok or one made by my local Kava bar and they won't give up the supplier ;) the one they make is the good stuff- very strong one to two shells and I'm good!
So looking for recommendations on brands you like and also wondering if thier stuff is so good because they prep it better than I have learned? Maybe it's micronized- instant- I have not tried that yet, I hand kneed in cold water until I get mud water ;) the Aluball also works for me but I find I get a better mix by hand. Thoughts?
Try the Solomon's Headhunter from Kava Depot, it's really good. They are out of stock at the moment but they have a similar one called Kakamora. All of their kavas are quite similar.