What's new

Soy Milk oO weirdness

Status
Not open for further replies.

gork

Kava Enthusiast
Tried an experiment of mixing a bit of kava with soymilk. For me all it did was just make it taste weirdER. Anyone else find Milk or SoyMilk with their kava simply not work quite right?

Kraken

Kava Curious
Tried an experiment of mixing a bit of kava with soymilk. For me all it did was just make it taste weirdER. Anyone else find Milk or SoyMilk with their kava simply not work quite right?
I have a little milk with my kava from time to time i find it easier to drink if i have a strong thick drink go's down easier for me that way.
I like them strong and like a syrupy mud usually if it's micronized 4 flat tablespoons in a 3 oz cup of water is impossible to drink on it's own a ball of mud then add a little milk and it is really hard for me to drink sounds harsh as hell I know but I usually eat a piece of chocolate and coat my mouth and throat before I down it and then have a bottle of water nearby you drink two of these and you're going on a ride!
Fun fun.

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

gork

Kava Enthusiast
Yeah, sometimes my prefered varieties almost taste ok, sometimes not. sI thought, well this is silly, lets fine some thing to mix it with I keep on hand so as I can enjoy even the flavors of kava. For example I actually enjoy KavaTimes flavors, of the two i've had from them the effects and taste just rock. Where as Some of GHK's tastes eh or blarg, it's good solid stuff, but man the tastes!. For example The last time I had Burogururu(sp) it had a light nutmeggy flavor, and their Kamakua has a light cinamony flavor. Where as Pap Ele even for me was mega is just mega mega weird BLG, let. Weirdly in left in the fridge the flavors go from blg to a super yum nutmeg spicy flavor to a just even good smooth earthy flavor. But that takes at least a week to make. In the meen time want to be able to enjoy this stuff that's pleasent and great help with out holding my noes and chuging.

So I thought: well ok maybie some milk or ginger or cola or something might help with it's flavor. I hadn't thought about simply eating a little bit of choclate. I just tried that with...I honestly don't know how many shells i've had today. Your right a bit of choclate (snickers FWIW) helped it hit the spot.

Thanks so much for that opinion.

Edit: I'll just ask: Why is it some grogs taste foul, others like dirt. The two KavaTime kinds i've had were out right good tasting.
I simply don't know if that was just those two. What might it be that that other roots can very so much from nutmeg and spicy to earthy and yet other just...blarg?

Status
Not open for further replies.