What's new

Stay safe US kava-heads!

kavalover

Outsider
It's *bleed* cold out! Snowing during the day on the Pacific Northwest here and then totally freezing to a solid thick sheet of ice during the night. Not nearly as bad as the midwest though.

Stay safe! Drink lots of kava in your warm indoors and imagine palm trees and sunsets!

Bula!

:D

Last edited:

KavaGurl

The Original Kava Forum Mama
No snow here in Virginia thankfully..but it's been 10-20 below the last couple days. :confused:That's with the wind Chill factor of course..:eek: Palm trees and sunshine are definitely in my dreams!!;)

kavalover

Outsider
No snow here in Virginia thankfully..but it's been 10-20 below the last couple days. :confused:That's with the wind Chill factor of course..:eek: Palm trees and sunshine are definitely in my dreams!!;)
Ah, too cold to snow I see.. Bleh, when the temps get into the negatives that's when I wish I had enough money saved up to take a trip to Vanuatu, or Hawaii :D and stay there until the sun warmed my home back up hehe. I'm actually contemplating buying a few of those fake palm trees and sunrise orange light bulbs for my home to get into the feel. A little tropics to go with the snow

It's cold over here in Hawaii too, we had some snow on the mountain and here where I live it has been like 57 degrees, that is the freezing point here in Hawaii, :D Stay warm and drink lots of kava, yes good idea. Aloha.

Chris
Snow?!?! Hawaii!?!?! My life is a lie, I figured it was paradise warmth 24/7! Come to think of it though, I bet that looks positively beautiful, post pics if you can Chris! Would love to see your view - Do you grow your kava indoors or outdoors? I never did study up much on the agricultire of kava, does it fair well with colder climates?

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
Hey Kavalover, we only get snow on the top of the 2 tallest mountains but it still seems like it is freezing when it gets below 60.
I grow all my 'Awa outside, I am sure that it will grow indoors if you keep it warm, I am not sure anyone ever tried, there may have been some in Florida that tried to grow it but I have not heard of any real success. You can check out my website if you want some interesting info on kava, I am always adding more, it is at--- www.gourmethawaiiankava.com
Or you can ask me questions directly, aloha.

Chris

kavalover

Outsider
Thanks Chris! There was a guy on the old forums some time ago who took to growing some Mo'i I believe, in Florida. Seemed to be going well but he stopped posting, I wish he hadn't, I'd love to see his plant (or plants!) now.

Will definitely check out your website!

edit: and I know what you mean. I used to live in San Diego, California and anything below 65 had the citizens in coats and sweaters!

violet

Do all things with love
I was glad to see it get up into the 20's here in MD today after the last couple days we've had. Tonight it's going to be hot cocoa after the kava shells.

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
It's cold over here in Hawaii too, we had some snow on the mountain and here where I live it has been like 57 degrees, that is the freezing point here in Hawaii, :D Stay warm and drink lots of kava, yes good idea. Aloha.

Chris
Haha. It's high 50s here in Texas and 97% humidity and people are dressed like they're going out on an Arctic rescue mission. I'm wearing shorts and a t shirt.