What's new

Strainers other than nylon stockings

Johnny Frye

It's all about supply and command
Still in the early stages of my kava pastime and I haven't had a chance to buy some stockings, can anyone speak to the efficacy of using other materials? Until recently I've been using the blender method but I want to go for maximum potency to try and break my reverse tolerance as fast as possible.

Thanks all

Johnny

blindy107

Kava Lover
I use a metal sieve usually. But gotta make sure it's fine enough to catch the bigger fibers. A more coarse grind will be better on the tummy too. Less maka maka makas.

simonsezso37

Kava Curious
I had the nut milk bag until it miraculously disappeared after my grog. :facepalm: I really didn't want to buy another nut milk bag that cost almost $10, and bought a few pairs of nylon stockings. They aren't as durable as the nut milk bag, but they are cheap. I found by using two stockings when straining works the best for me. I, however, do like the grog that results from the stockings, as less makas get through.

Runding

Kava Enthusiast
I'm all about the 80 micron nut milk bag. Cost ~$10 on amazon and works great. I even use it on micro these days and I've noticed a huge difference in nausea/gas after not doing the 'ol micro toss n wash.