What's new

Straining micronized kava? How many teaspoons?

Nils

Kava Curious
I was told to put 1-2 teaspoons of micronized kava in water if with no straining, but it was a bit too gritty/strong for my taste. I'm gonna strain the rest of it. I usually do 3-4 teaspoons of kava per cup when I strain it, should I still do that? I wasn't sure if some of the super fine bits of kava would make it extra strong and I should start with 3 teaspoons maybe?

verticity

I'm interested in things
I was told to put 1-2 teaspoons of micronized kava in water if with no straining, but it was a bit too gritty/strong for my taste. I'm gonna strain the rest of it. I usually do 3-4 teaspoons of kava per cup when I strain it, should I still do that? I wasn't sure if some of the super fine bits of kava would make it extra strong and I should start with 3 teaspoons maybe?
It really depends on your sensitivity. For micro, I would try 1 tablespoon per shell. When you strain micro, there is not very much left in the straining bag, so I don't think it effects the potency much.

ElDudarino

Kava Curious
i wanted to bump this instead of posting a new thread. I ordered a 25 micron nylon strainer and plan to try straining some micronized kava from GHK. I've been getting very strong effects with about 1-2 teaspoons in hot water (not in cold water though), but more than that and I get the queezy feeling. Anyone try this before? How did it go?