What's new

Strange Bowel Routine

Bert07

Me like da kava
I thought I'd share an interesting phenomena I find myself in just about every time I drink kava now. Whenever I start and finish my kava chugging session within a few minutes or so - right away after I feel this sudden urge to release my bowels. So there I am on the john doing my business and as always the kava just hits me like a train out of the blue while still in the midst of taking a poo (sorry I had to..it rhymed nicely) . And I won't deny, it's very enjoyable while krunk. However I just find it strange and kind of funny how each and every time the adventure starts off with me sitting on the toilet. Maybe I'm overdoing it all at once since I tend to chug a good amount to get it over with -or- the timing is always coincidentally spot on. Or possibly a comical act by the kava gods?

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
It's a pavlovian thing, Kava gets things goin, and after awhile you'll feel the need to go immediately after consumption. Of course chugging it all probably doesn't help.

KavaCat

Meow.
LOL, not that strange. People have commented on kava making their BM's... easier, I guess is the best word.

Steve Mariotti

Kavapithecus Krunkarensis
Review Maestro
There's definitely a bowel stimulation thing that people have reported here with some, uh, regularity ;-)

It doesn't seem to happen to me, though. I haven't really noticed a strong correlation in my kava experiences. I've had some next-day fireworks due to eating a lot of high fat foods after kava or drinking kava that was filtered too coarsely. Though the latter tends to keep me up all night with a rabid game of Hungry Hungry Hippos going on my abdominal cavity.

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
We've definitely talked about the bowel stimulation effect, I notice it more often with kavas that have a higher amount of DHM. But I think you're hinting at something else too, which I've also noticed...A mediocre kava buzz will suddenly be increased several notches, upon evacuation.

Steve Mariotti

Kavapithecus Krunkarensis
Review Maestro
We've definitely talked about the bowel stimulation effect, I notice it more often with kavas that have a higher amount of DHM. But I think you're hinting at something else too, which I've also noticed...A mediocre kava buzz will suddenly be increased several notches, upon evacuation.
That's interesting... more blood to the areas of your alimentary canal that still have interesting things to digest, perhaps?

August West

Kava Enthusiast
Certain other drugs that change perception rather quickly, tend to cause the fight or flight/nervous poo. Kava hits me fast. Add the anticipation and exitation of knowing it's coming, and it makes sense that this happens to some folks. Heck, i know someone that gets so excited about finding deals at the resale shop, they go straight to the bathroom the instant they get there.

Also ccertain k-lactones that cause fast acting, bell ringing, tong effects, block the reuptake of norepinephrine, which totally feels speedy to me. It even makes me clench my jaw on occasion. I still don't know if I like the energizing effects by themselves, but they have a good synergy with sedating k-lactones.

mjazzguitar

Kava Curious
When i told my cousin it had a laxative effect, he said good, because he had a problem going.
It worked that way for me at first, but after a while it went away.