What's new

Strongest damn kava around?

grannybanger

Kava Curious
Hello, im new here. I have a fair amount of kava experience: from instants, extracts, tinctures and capsules (all of which ive found useless) to various "real" ground kavas like bula and nakamal. Anyway, im all about POTENCY. I want the kava that will knock me on my ass. So far "stone" and "wow" from nakamal are the strongest ive found. Im curious if you guys know of any others that are particularly strong.. thanks!

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
There is no commonly available kava that so far exceeds the others that anyone who drinks it will absolutely be blown away. Stone & WOW! are definitely among the strongest, but that's only by a tablespoon+ or so, compared to the bulk of the market. The one that's hitting me similarly to those right now is Kalm's Loa Waka. GHK's Mahakea is typically near the same level.
Others kavas with premium processing, like WOW!, are BKH's Nambawan and Paradise Kava's Vanuatu Blend #7 and should have similar strength:drinkabilty.

kilakila

Kava keeps me going.
Agree with shakes re KWKs Loa Waka. Mine arrived yesterday and decided I needed to mix up a batch because certain events had amped up the anxiety level. I'd already made up some of KWKs concentrate which was great as a morning drink without slowing me down. But wow the loa waka - just 2 shells between 4 and 5 pm with a 2tbsps to 8 oz water ratio was freakin' wonderful! I felt calm, relaxed, muscle tension way down. BUT it didn't knock me to the floor, nor did the couch beckon me until 9ish and I had a darned good sleep. And the anti-anxiety effects are still with me today.

I'm a lightweight and I think I've hit the perfect spot with the root to water ratio on all the kava I've tried and liked. Maybe another shell or two and a stronger ratio would have been ass-kicking potent. But I needed to be functional and anxiety free and Loa Waka did just that!!

August West

Kava Enthusiast
what you are looking for out of kava? Help with pain? Anxiety? Recreational/unwinding? The reason I ask is that I feel there are several types of effects in the kava spectrum and each type can have potent varieties. A potent heady variety might not be the best choice right before bed, and a potent muscle melter may not be the best with your morning coffee.

I'd check out a medium grind sampler pack from GHK. Chris is a great guy and he has a wealth of knowledge. Honestly almost every active vendor on the forum is accessible and excited to help you out!

Lastly, welcome! This forum really has helped me make informed decisions on my purchases and I'm really excited to try the Loa Waka next.

grannybanger

Kava Curious
thanks guys. for me i basically want a nice buzz, i like feeling relaxed, mellowed out, sedated and basically euphoric. i like to drink kava to relax and just pleasantly space the F out and get that floaty feeling where i'm just numb and everything is groovy. i placed my first order from GHK, the sampler pack with instant, micronized and med grind. i realy look forward to trying it after reading such good things here. i hope the shipping isnt too slow. btw, what is meant by "heady" ?

greenbeen

Kava Enthusiast
Personally i think everyone reacts differently to each kind. Yes, obviously some have a reputation of being stronger with certain effects but with each of those instances their is atleast two people ( ive read here) who say it did little for them or less than expectations. It helps to find great quality and then trial & error to find what effects your looking for. The chemotype # will help you as well. Still an excellent question because I love to know peoples opionions on this topic so i will be bookmarking this thread ::awesomesmiles::

greenbeen

Kava Enthusiast
thanks guys. for me i basically want a nice buzz, i like feeling relaxed, mellowed out, sedated and basically euphoric. i like to drink kava to relax and just pleasantly space the F out and get that floaty feeling where i'm just numb and everything is groovy. i placed my first order from GHK, the sampler pack with instant, micronized and med grind. i realy look forward to trying it after reading such good things here. i hope the shipping isnt too slow. btw, what is meant by "heady" ?
By the way, if your looking for a buzz I dont think kava is what your looking for. Its not something you can achieve a buzz or a high off of. But if your shopping for something to help you unwind after a long day, similair to hot tea with Chamomile or valerian root, kava can be your friend. All three natural herbs can have positive effects on your physical and mental health

tomkrat

Kava Enthusiast
kava and valerian are in a different class, for me, than chamomile. i can slam down chamomile tea all day and not end up with heavy eyelids or a grin on my face; valerian just gives me heavy eyes for the bedtimes and kava gives me both (depending on setting and cultivar). i do agree that kava will likely be a letdown for those seeking a buzz, i just wanted to drop some pennies and be contrarian, as is my wont

Jayy

Kava Curious
2 tablespoons of GHK's Micro Moi hits me hard when my stomach is absolutely empty. Like mind is buzzing, hands are tingling, eyes can't focus, giggly etc.

It's awesome :)

D

Deleted User01

Ya know (as javamans head starts shaking), if I really need potency, I'll go back to drinking Whisky and other illegal recreational drugs and on a daily basis. Awww, those were the days, if only I could remember them. :LOL: Kava is not that drug, Kava is a mild beneficial botanicall. Kava lets me relax in a "normal" sort of way and helps me sleep soundly (where alcohol does not). I guess you could get the Double Tudei Downer Deluxe package from a "yet to be named" vendor. Or look at the Acetone tests at Truekava.com and get the one that is orange or even purple in color. And I say that with all due respect to "my boys" at the FDA who are watching this forum. :whistle: Like @Jayy, I dig two tablespoons of Mo'i with a Nene kicker and I don't ever have to worry about accidently running over the neighbor's dog. In fact, I don't have to worry about anything. :smuggrin:

Bubba Bula

krunkadelic relic
And I say that with all due respect to "my boys" at the FDA who are watching this forum. :whistle:
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquence. It is force. And force, like fire, is a dangerous servant and a fearful master."
--George Washington

Last edited:

grannybanger

Kava Curious
maybe our definitions of "buzz" are different, but i definitely can say that the stronger kavas i've tried have done it for me. it's certainly different than alcohol or other things, but still quite nice. i've decided i'm going to go on a quest to find the strongest kava for "heady" (euphoric/mental) effects and the strongest for "heavy"/sedative affects. And when i find the 2 that i find the most effective in these areas, i will celebrate by drinking a couple servings of both at once!

D

Deleted User01

"Government is not reason; it is not eloquence. It is force. And force, like fire, is a dangerous servant and a fearful master."
--George Washington
Before we load up our muskets, let's remember that Kava is legal. It would be nice if the FDA gave it their "stamp of approval". Right now, they are still caught up in the liver scare of the 90s. Did you know that sales of Valium and like products were down 30 percent during the "Heady Days of Kava in the 1990s". Kava was all the rage in Europe and that opened the gates for unscrupulous sellers to sell crap. Big Pharma was suffering mightily until the nice people in the German Government put a hex on Kava. And so now Kava has to work its way back into the good graces of the FDA and other like organizations. Hey wait a minute :eek:, you don't thing the lost revenue suffered by big pharma was related to the ban do you? Hmmmmm, nawwwww, it couldn't be. :whistle: (Where the hell did I put my Musket cleaner).

August West

Kava Enthusiast
Nice choice on the sampler. Chris' products are top shelf. He puts lots of TLC into his plants, and it shows! You'll be quite satisfied, I'm sure

August West

Kava Enthusiast
I'm also glad you didn't fall for other vendors that tout about certain varieties being the strongest that they carry, and such. Sadly I've fallen for it in the past, hook, line and sinker.

prelohded

Kava Curious
By the way, if your looking for a buzz I dont think kava is what your looking for. Its not something you can achieve a buzz or a high off of. But if your shopping for something to help you unwind after a long day, similair to hot tea with Chamomile or valerian root, kava can be your friend. All three natural herbs can have positive effects on your physical and mental health
I would have to disagree with this. Kava has made me buzz so hard I couldn't walk. To each their own though.

D

Deleted User01

@prelohded, you are right. Every member has their own "chemotype" and their own reaction to kava. There are some days when 1 dose of Mo'i gives be a big buzz and others when it just energerizes. But compared to other drugs, the result is still mild but nice. I don't think I ever got to the point of not walking. Maybe you best tell us exactly what strain you had that day. Heh, heh, heh ....