What's new

Strongest Kava from BKH

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShredMN

Kava Curious
I got my first order of kava from BKH today, the Nangol noble blend, and I have to say it’s fantastic. Seems more potent than the ikaika mix from GHK. I’m very impressed with the Nangol! But I was wondering how this cultivar compares to others from BKH! Is there anything stronger, and if so... what cultivar should I try next.

kastom_lif

Kava Lover
Nambawan is another strong one.

Although I haven't had it from BKH, fu'u (which they carry) is a potent heady kava. Definitely worth a try if you like that end of the kava spectrum.

Plus Judd hinted that they might be getting either kelai, melomelo, or kava Tofua. Whatever it is, jump on it.

ShredMN

Kava Curious
Is nambawan noble? I don’t tolerate tudei cultivars well at all. They leave me feeling nauseas for days after consuming them. Are the other three noble? Sorry for my ignorance, I’m new to kava!

Kimmer

Patently irritable
BKH has been posting their COAs (certificate of authority?). It's safe to say they're all noble.

ThePiper

Kava Lover
BKH only carries noble nowadays, so yes nambawan is noble. It's a great kava with headiness to it but it isnt as strong as nangol... I think nangol is probably the strongest noble kava I've had. One of the few that I really can't handle without getting sick or a hangover. I've tried almost everything that vendors here sell and nangol is the strongest in the heavy sense. Hiwa and Hanakapi Ai from GHK are heavier kavas, a bit stronger than Ikaika. Have you experimented with hheadier kavas? Sometimes you can have a really nice time with them despite them not being as physically powerful. They tend to have more social and buzzy effects without the sedation

wayne.suslansky

Kava Curious
BKH only carries noble nowadays, so yes nambawan is noble. It's a great kava with headiness to it but it isnt as strong as nangol... I think nangol is probably the strongest noble kava I've had. One of the few that I really can't handle without getting sick or a hangover. I've tried almost everything that vendors here sell and nangol is the strongest in the heavy sense. Hiwa and Hanakapi Ai from GHK are heavier kavas, a bit stronger than Ikaika. Have you experimented with hheadier kavas? Sometimes you can have a really nice time with them despite them not being as physically powerful. They tend to have more social and buzzy effects without the sedation
Do you have any recommendations?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
For pure strength, nangol noble. It's actually too strong for me. Nambawan is a nice mix of strength and authenticity. To me nambawan is the truest to the flavor of fresh kava from dry that you can get with a nice punch of strength too.

Tfin

Kava Enthusiast
I personally find 11 Waka (in micro) to be very strong and has been my go to for quite some time now.
However it appears to be out of stock at this point.

ShredMN

Kava Curious
I’ve used a few headier cultivars and I much prefer heavier ones! The heady varieties don’t seem to do a whole lot for me.

kavagirl37

Kava Curious
nambawan is noble and also my favourite kava. It's not everybody's favourite, but it is mine.
What would you recommend for a person using Kava as an alcohol subsitute? Something that would provide similar relaxation and mood benefit like the first 2 or 3 drinks of alcohol? I just ordered the 11 year Waka but thinking maybe I should try the Nabawan? Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
What would you recommend for a person using Kava as an alcohol subsitute? Something that would provide similar relaxation and mood benefit like the first 2 or 3 drinks of alcohol? I just ordered the 11 year Waka but thinking maybe I should try the Nabawan? Thanks!

both the Nambawan and the Nangol Noble, and for that matter the Kula, would all fit the bill for that very well, IMO

Fwiw, the closest thing in the kava world to the feeling of one or two drinks of alcohol,specifically the pleasant relaxation effects, would be the Kava Concentrate beverage from Kalm with Kava. It's quite pricey, though, a bottle that you can make 10 strong drinks comes to $20. OTOH if you compare that to say, a drink of decent Scotch, $2 a drink isn't that bad, and you're only going to have one or two of them, any more is pointless as you rapidly hit diminishing marginal returns. However, it will not feel like 2 - 3 drinks, I'm not sure of anything that can do that, but if anything can it would be more like a strong balanced medium grind, like Squanch, Nambawan, Nangol, maybe Bati and Kadavu. Oh, and hey, one of the closest would be that KWK Samoan, now that I think of it, very comparable to 2 -3 drinks of alcohol, in terms of pleasurable relaxation.

Last edited:

kavagirl37

Kava Curious
both the Nambawan and the Nangol Noble, and for that matter the Kula, would all fit the bill for that very well, IMO

Fwiw, the closest thing in the kava world to the feeling of one or two drinks of alcohol,specifically the pleasant relaxation effects, would be the Kava Concentrate beverage from Kalm with Kava. It's quite pricey, though, a bottle that you can make 10 strong drinks comes to $20. OTOH if you compare that to say, a drink of decent Scotch, $2 a drink isn't that bad, and you're only going to have one or two of them, any more is pointless as you rapidly hit diminishing marginal returns. However, it will not feel like 2 - 3 drinks, I'm not sure of anything that can do that, but if anything can it would be more like a strong balanced medium grind, like Squanch, Nambawan, Nangol, maybe Bati and Kadavu. Oh, and hey, one of the closest would be that KWK Samoan, now that I think of it, very comparable to 2 -3 drinks of alcohol, in terms of pleasurable relaxation.
Thank you for the recommendations. I will try the Kambawan next.

gork

Kava Enthusiast
Old thread. I'd say it depends on you and your taste.
For very upbeat happy almost energetized kind of thing: Poni Ono from KWK, Akua or Kula might fit the bill.
On the much more mellowed out side: I'm not sure! Nabawan might be that. Some people like Cactus Ono. Strength I'd say would be a mix of how much root you use plus a matter of taste.

Status
Not open for further replies.