What's new

Stupid idiot takes 4 grams of kavalactone and has a "bad trip".

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder

Jonathan

All Hail Leon
Wow. They were frantic about it too. I'd love to know where they got it, and how they know they got "4000mg of kavalactones". .

This post was from 2012, so there's no telling what he actually got.
Yeah, agreed, no way to tell even if what they took was "kavalactones"... I mean, if it was pur extracted kavalactones, they'd have to have access to a lab that can procure the stuff for testing, and based on what they wrote, they don't sound like the kind of person who would be in that kind of environment.

They also stated they were on "Prozac, Wellbutrin, and Abilify...", so... yeah, not a recipe for taking anything else really, except maybe water. :p

EDIT: Jesus, just read that post to the end, and what a mess... I mean, the compassionate side of me hopes they turned out ok, and the critical/cynic side of me thinks they're most like a whiney hypochondriac with no sense of self preservation or common sense...

On a positive side, I think we have enough data on this forum to dispel the notion that kava is "a drug that puts your life in danger." - except if maybe you were going to snort lines or pure extracted kavain, that might do it, but fortunately only people with certain licenses to test in a lab setting have access to that, and we can reasonably assume they're not idiots.

Last edited:

EQ

Atman
"and I didn't feel the proper effects of kava until the 4,000 mg kavalactones"

They think what they got is the proper effects?

EQ

Atman
Why 4000 mg and not just 4g?
His username is oxyslave. So I'd assume the person is just used to using mg
If you take 4 g's of any chemical whether synthesized or extracted you most likely won't have a good time.
I really don't understand why people eat chemicals like protein powder.

There was a huge controversy when college kids started dropping dead due to table spooning caffeine extract which is over 30 cups of coffee of caffeine.
Caffeine was being debated to be banned I believe.
Sites now usually have you check a box indicating you understand that a caffeine dosage is very small.

The point is if caffeine survived after killing kids Kava will remain legal probably no matter what.

ThePiper

Kava Lover
4 grams doesnt seem that excessive if it were in root form. Ive had 2g of 84% paste in a night and just got a bit nauseas. Isnt four grams like equivalend to 40-70 grams of root. Of course effects in extracts are different

KavaKitty

Meaow
He "didn't feel the proper effects" until he reached 4,000 mg? What, exactly, does this douchenozzle think are "the proper effects?" Tachycardia? Sweating? Dizziness? What a Grade A Moron. You're right, it's people like this that are going to have the DEA putting the evil eye on kava, and that's not a good thing. I freaking hate Blue Light. A bunch of misinformed people (who should be in an AA meeting) giving bad information to more misinformed idiots. Oy.

SelfBiasResistor

Persist for Resistance!
Lol, this is quite possibly the dumbest thread I have ever seen on BL. There is no way kava would be banned due to some dumbass making a bunch of mostly nonsensical posts on the internet. Comparing what he claims to be experiencing to a pain killer overdose just shows that he has no idea what happens during a pain killer overdose... Also, notice he points out that he is on not one but 2 anti-depressants and an anti-psychotic. Kava extract is the least of his issues.

verticity

I'm interested in things
His username is oxyslave. So I'd assume the person is just used to using mg
If you take 4 g's of any chemical whether synthesized or extracted you most likely won't have a good time.
4 grams of sucrose is a good time, though...::cakez:::hungry::D

chandra

Kava Enthusiast
When I first began researching kava all I could find were threads on bluelight talking about how kava was good for potentiating opiates or comparing it to alcohol. This was about 3 years ago, before the kavaforums got big (I think). Maybe that's why he thought it was a good idea? As someone who takes small amounts of opiates for legitimate pain, I can tell you I've never experienced potentiation. Of course, for me the point of kava is to reduce my prescription drug consumption as much as possible, not to potentiate it.

D

Deleted User01

Aw the jerk was on an "acid" trip and blamed Kava. Like everyone does. Like Kapm said, how the hell do you get 4000 units of Kavalactones? From a drug dealer?? Lord love a duck. :rolleyes:

verticity

I'm interested in things
Hey according to the DEA (which apparently also gets it's information on kava from bluelight-type sites) it is commonplace for kava users to mix 25 grams of kavalactones with glycerin and everclear...
"...Based on information on the Internet, kava is being used recreationally to relax the body and achieve a mild euphoria. It is typically consumed as a beverage made from dried kava root powder , flavored and unflavored powdered extracts, and liquid extract dissolved in pure grain alcohol and vegetable glycerin. Individuals may consume 25 grams of kavalactones..."
http://www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov/drug_chem_info/kava.pdf
Needless to say, as has been noted elsewhere, this is complete and utter bullshit.
Americans' tax dollars at work!