What's new

Stupid question

Pounigirl

Kava Enthusiast
Hey y'all. Forgive the stupid question, but I'm still trying to understand how the kava works. I know that if you eat before drinking kava it negates the effects of the krunk, but does it negate the beneficial health effects of the kava as well or just the krunky effects part? I'm trying to introduce someone to kava who has some health issues (high blood pressure, taking meds, anxiety issues etc), but they are not willing to do any kind of fasting beforehand. They're not interested in krunking, they don't like kava particularly, but would be willing to down a few shells for health benefits if it will help them. Will they still get the benefits even if they don't fast? Thanks in advance. :)

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
I'm guessing they'd get a more slow acting, milder anti-anxiety effect and would likely still have the sopoforic/hypnotic effect to some degree. Full belly will definitely decrease any effects or 'buzz' you would "feel". I can't speak on that too much because I'm the opposite of her, where I refuse not to fast before kava...and have only had kava after food a couple times.

Pounigirl

Kava Enthusiast
Thanks guys. :) I would experiment on myself, but yeah, I don't want to waste a good krunk even for science's sake! hehehee Plus I don't have any health issues to be able to compare it to. Thanks so much for your input. ::happyshell::

Blinkyrocket

Kava Enthusiast
This morning I ate before having kava and the effect was more of a tiring effect. Now, even though it's night time, I feel more awake and stimulated and my head has that nice light and buzzy and floaty feeling. I haven't eaten in a few hours so far.

The main reason I have some relatively extensive experience with drinking kava on a full or at least not empty stomach is because I don't really try to exert control over my appetite. Gotta gain weight somehow, although it's not working. Kava might hinder these goals :/

Pounigirl

Kava Enthusiast
This morning I ate before having kava and the effect was more of a tiring effect. Now, even though it's night time, I feel more awake and stimulated and my head has that nice light and buzzy and floaty feeling. I haven't eaten in a few hours so far.

The main reason I have some relatively extensive experience with drinking kava on a full or at least not empty stomach is because I don't really try to exert control over my appetite. Gotta gain weight somehow, although it's not working. Kava might hinder these goals :/
Oh thanks so much for sharing how it works for you. That's very helpful. :)

Vice

Kava Enthusiast
If I eat a lot of carbs or protein and than have my kava I have diminished effects. But if I eat a fatty something I think it actually helps my kruckyness. I don't worry about not eating for hours on end before I drink my root, two hours max but a lot times only an hour. I just might add few more shells later.