What's new

Suggestions for something relaxing not sedating? Halp for teckneck and TMJ pls

Status
Not open for further replies.

gork

Kava Enthusiast
I did like the standing it was very energizing after doing it. Much like a good workout. The reeling silk exercises were very nice as well.
The avatar is from the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. A few years back I was part of a project that was not doing real well. I had to put together a presentation to management on how we were going to recover. I started the presentation with this picture. Since most of my management is a bunch of aerospace geeks they all got the reference and it lightened the mood of the whole meeting going forward. I think it is a good reminder of why I like Kava.
I feel as though I am one of few left that prefers lightheardness

And if the answer was 42. What's the question?

Pounigirl

Kava Enthusiast
@Ibbygirl @Mrbinx69
http://taichibasics.com/zhan-zhuang-pole-standing-different-qi-gong-meditation/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zhan_zhuang
Don't get too caught up in the mystical stuff - but properly done it helps you align your spine, relax and sink in to your qua (hip joint), and it is more physically demanding then one would think. Typically done in Chinese martial arts to help one learn to "root" or grab the ground in manner. Hard to explain over the interwebs. Might be real hard to learn properly without an instructor. My instructor would progressively talk us through relaxing from the head on down to the toes - letting the relaxation sink in piece by piece. First few times if you are properly standing it will be tough to do more than a minute or two...with training you can build up your leg endurance and settle in for a longer time.
Ah thank you so much for this. I will try it out. :)

I did like the standing it was very energizing after doing it. Much like a good workout. The reeling silk exercises were very nice as well.
The avatar is from the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. A few years back I was part of a project that was not doing real well. I had to put together a presentation to management on how we were going to recover. I started the presentation with this picture. Since most of my management is a bunch of aerospace geeks they all got the reference and it lightened the mood of the whole meeting going forward. I think it is a good reminder of why I like Kava.
LOL That's a great story. :)

gork

Kava Enthusiast
Just got here today. and one on about 15-20 minutes ago so we shall see. So far adding: this guy to the mix seems to be helping the technech. That's on top of bunch of other tools though: Papa Ele (seems to be helping other parts of the issues I simply don't know why) Yoga and vigerous Kungfu Practice, huge improvements to diet. (TONS more vegies, MutliVits 2x a day. and Magnesium (helping the TMJ weirdly though to much of that isn't a good idea)
This dude however might be the mssing peice for the TechNech: thanks for the link. Hmm not sure what's up with it not liking the amazon link. Amazon product

Last edited:

violet

Do all things with love
If you use those might consider shaving off any hair before applying, otherwise it will be ripped out for you upon removal :D. To remove them easily and prevent possible irritation to the skin from the adhesive I rub baby oil or mineral oil into the top of the patch and then start working it underneath from the corners and edges when it's time to come off. It comes up much easier, but it will still rip out hair. This way enables me to apply patches one after another if needed and no healing time from pulling strong adhesive off the skin.

gork

Kava Enthusiast
If you use those might consider shaving off any hair before applying, otherwise it will be ripped out for you upon removal :D. To remove them easily and prevent possible irritation to the skin from the adhesive I rub baby oil or mineral oil into the top of the patch and then start working it underneath from the corners and edges when it's time to come off. It comes up much easier, but it will still rip out hair. This way enables me to apply patches one after another if needed and no healing time from pulling strong adhesive off the skin.
LOL yes they do remind of a time when (as a prank) one of my SO's used a bit of Nair on the my beard and nethers. Thanks for the tips ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.