What's new

Sundays Kava

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Yeah, it's nice. Now. Compare with Squanch:

Trick question, they are both excellent, of course. They both share many similarities and some significant differences. But in some ways that puts them in a class by themselves and they are the only two that can compare with each other, IMO.

One thing is for sure. If you like Squanch you will like TFR. And if you like TFR, very good chance you will like Squanch.

Great tanoa pics, btw, and yeah, doesn't that grog look strong and bold and formidable? That struck me about TFR before even my first taste. Dang, that looks.... formidable. Better get a chair.

PepperyPyrone

I'll have the pyrones with some pepper, please.
Yeah, it's nice. Now. Compare with Squanch:

Trick question, they are both excellent, of course. They both share many similarities and some significant differences. But in some ways that puts them in a class by themselves and they are the only two that can compare with each other, IMO.

One thing is for sure. If you like Squanch you will like TFR. And if you like TFR, very good chance you will like Squanch.

Great tanoa pics, btw, and yeah, doesn't that grog look strong and bold and formidable? That struck me about TFR before even my first taste. Dang, that looks.... formidable. Better get a chair.
Definitely comparable to Squanch. However the first time I tried TFR it was an amazing experience, complete euphoria for hours, read my review. However, I have yet to experience that full effect again with TFR. The first time is always the best. I think I read that someone else had a similar experience, never being able to replicate the first time. The couple of times after the first time it seemed just more heady and high energy, without as much euphoria. Interesting how that works. Squanch is always consistent, I always know what to expect . . . . . and its more affordable. I think if TFR was a bit cheaper I would consume it more often and perhaps have more to say about it. TFR is truly a reserve for me, its in my reserve section of kava's that I drink on special occasions. It's been a few weeks, maybe its time for some more TFR for some 4th of July fireworks! ::zilla::::yay2:: @Jeff Silvers nice tanoas !!!!!

Jeff Silvers

Kava Curious
In comparing this with Squanch, I think the effects are close to the same but Squanch is more potent. I do prefer the taste of TFR by far. It is smoothest Kava I've had so far.

Jeff Silvers

Kava Curious
Definitely comparable to Squanch. However the first time I tried TFR it was an amazing experience, complete euphoria for hours, read my review. However, I have yet to experience that full effect again with TFR. The first time is always the best. I think I read that someone else had a similar experience, never being able to replicate the first time. The couple of times after the first time it seemed just more heady and high energy, without as much euphoria. Interesting how that works. Squanch is always consistent, I always know what to expect . . . . . and its more affordable. I think if TFR was a bit cheaper I would consume it more often and perhaps have more to say about it. TFR is truly a reserve for me, its in my reserve section of kava's that I drink on special occasions. It's been a few weeks, maybe its time for some more TFR for some 4th of July fireworks! ::zilla::::yay2:: @Jeff Silvers nice tanoas !!!!!
Anything tastes better from my tanoas!! :D

Krunkaroo

Kava Enthusiast
I'm a noob but how is Squanch comparable if his Kava is Fijian?

I felt a chill and good centering effects even days after TFR.

I have both but I think I want to finish the bags I already have opened. Can't wait to get to Squanch, feels good knowing something good is waiting.

Jeff Silvers

Kava Curious
I've been rooted since Friday night, I got no shell pics to share, just a blur of fun and lots of peeing.
Squanch straight through today, good times..
You got it right in the peeing. It's about the only time I get up in the middle of the night. I drink a lot of water when I'm shelling too.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
it's just based on the kava, I consume a lot throughout the day, so it's peeing all day long, lol. I buy several Gatorades cause I am lazy about drinking water.

Jeff Silvers

Kava Curious
I prefer the water but I do have to drink more. I've had the dehydration headache the next day before. I'm good as long as I drink.

My limbs are a little numb right now so it's hard to post from this little phone. LOL