What's new

Super Automatic Espresso Machine

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
A contractor was replacing a door the other day and it accidentally fell on my espresso machine and smashed it really good. You can now see the guts of the machine. But much to my surprise it still works.

The contractor replaced the machine with a new one. Im thinking instead of tossing the old one, to try using it to prep a shell of kava with it. It might work or totally ruin the machine, so I might only get one try at it and am interested hearing other members ideas how to try this before I do it.

What Im currently thinking is taking a scoop of powdered kava and putting it in the hole made for making an espresso from pre ground coffee. The whole bean hopper still has coffee beans in it and I would have to make a few espressos to clear the hopper, if needed. I have some Squanch kava to play with and some instant, but no micro.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
A contractor was replacing a door the other day and it accidentally fell on my espresso machine and smashed it really good. You can now see the guts of the machine. But much to my surprise it still works.

The contractor replaced the machine with a new one. Im thinking instead of tossing the old one, to try using it to prep a shell of kava with it. It might work or totally ruin the machine, so I might only get one try at it and am interested hearing other members ideas how to try this before I do it.

What Im currently thinking is taking a scoop of powdered kava and putting it in the hole made for making an espresso from pre ground coffee. The whole bean hopper still has coffee beans in it and I would have to make a few espressos to clear the hopper, if needed. I have some Squanch kava to play with and some instant, but no micro.
I bet that stung the contractor's wallet.

I'd say pack it in like you do your coffee.

Kavaccino for science!

Zaphod

Kava Lover
I have used the small on-stove version of an espresso machine like the one pictured below. I jam packed it, just like espresso, so you can build up the pressure. It did an okay job of creating a thick oily - very hot, kava drink. Threw it on ice and worked as well as a traditional hot water prep. Unfortunately, it takes just as much time to pack ~4 TBS into it and heat the water and wait as it does to just throw it in a strainer bag and kneed up 12 TBS so I didn't find it was worth it...
esp.jpg