What's new

Survey results from 2012 KavaFest

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
Kava Festival 2012 - Hawai'i
381 Surveys were returned.
Fresh kava - was only preferred by those who considered themselves experienced drinkers.
Experienced drinkers preferred Mahakea > Iwi > Mapulehu > Rahmdel
Combined, all drinkers, experienced & inexperienced preferred Mahakea > Iwi > Mapulehu = Rahmdel
The overall favorite was: Dry Mahakea.

I thought some of you might find this somewhat interesting, or perhaps I just wanted to gloat about the undeniable gloriousness of my girlfriend, Mahakea.

note: Iwi is a PNG tudei kava, similar to Isa & Rahmdel is a Pohnpei Kava ("Sakau")
If you're ever lucky enough to try Pohnpei kava, keep this in mind: :hungry:

kava-pohnpei.jpg

::happyshell::

Last edited:

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
I'd be surprised if anyone who has had fresh kava prefers powdered kava.

Can't disagree on the Mahakea...if only I could get it for the same price as boroguru.

Last edited:

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
Did you guys know that Rahmdel is a very special kava, it is Noble and a very good drinking kava but the special thing about this kava is that in Pohnpei this kava has power, it has the power to get the chief's attention. If you had a problem and wanted the village chief to help with it but maybe the chief was busy or you wanted an appeal, well what you would do is harvest a Rahmdel and you would throw it at the feet of the chief and he would have to listen to what you have to say and act upon it. No doubt the chief gets to keep the kava. (y)
Aloha.

Chris