What's new

Taking a tolerance break.

Ligermeat

Warm and Fuzzeh!
Well guys, it's been a nice month of 24/7 krunking, but I'm gonna be taking a break from the cosmic potato for a few weeks. I find that I'm developing a tolerance for the root, thus forcing me to use a lot more that I should. Oh well. See you guys on the other side!

ThePiper

Kava Lover
I need to do that too. Despite what people say I get a tolerance to the effects over time, but it isn't predictable. Some times i can drink for 10 days straight with very little change, other times 5 days in a row and I notice some of the magic is fading. I do think that two days off in the short term gives me an amazing session on the third day most of the time. A week or two would be better though. How long do you plan to break for? I plan to do a 2-3 week break early next month. Or maybe just alternate one week on one week off for the summer. I don't want to have KL levels in my body for really long periods of time, mainly because of the dehydrating properties.

Ligermeat

Warm and Fuzzeh!
I need to do that too. Despite what people say I get a tolerance to the effects over time, but it isn't predictable. Some times i can drink for 10 days straight with very little change, other times 5 days in a row and I notice some of the magic is fading. I do think that two days off in the short term gives me an amazing session on the third day most of the time. A week or two would be better though. How long do you plan to break for? I plan to do a 2-3 week break early next month. Or maybe just alternate one week on one week off for the summer. I don't want to have KL levels in my body for really long periods of time, mainly because of the dehydrating properties.
I plan on quitting for about 2 weeks, then picking up the habit again when my planetarium does a Pink Floyd laser light show.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I had alcohol at the weekend so just getting back to kava tonight and definitely taking a break from tolerance. Feeling good though.

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
Welcome to the plane-airium..

You love the plane-airium, you'd do anything for the plane-airium.

"We love the planetarium we'd do anything for the planetarium"

Jonathan

All Hail Leon
Ergh, I hate to but I'm also thinking about taking a little break. Kava is instrumental for me these days in dealing with day to day stresses, but I am starting to get chronically dry hands. Not dermo, per se, but definitely really dry skin that I'm pretty sure is a result of the kava (been using micronized). I drink tons of water, like almost a gallon a day, but ye'ol hands are still like velcro most days.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Ergh, I hate to but I'm also thinking about taking a little break. Kava is instrumental for me these days in dealing with day to day stresses, but I am starting to get chronically dry hands. Not dermo, per se, but definitely really dry skin that I'm pretty sure is a result of the kava (been using micronized). I drink tons of water, like almost a gallon a day, but ye'ol hands are still like velcro most days.
Yes, there's more to it than just the diuretic effect of kava, I mean how much extra does it make you pee?! I believe there's an extra mechanism there which expels the oils from the skin.

boxcar beatnik

Kava Enthusiast
It does expel oil from the skin. That's why kava is so effective got the treatment of acne associated with oily skin. This effect I'd what drew me to kava and plant medicine in general as an early teen. I had horrible acme and nothing the dermatologist have me helped but two weeks of regular kava use and it cleared right up (which was also a great and novel Buzz for a 13 year old). It also helps my grandmother some with plaque psoriasis. The oil drying effect and the fact that kava is an antimicrobial that is sweat regurgitated is what makes it so effective as treatment for that particular condition.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I find a lot of conventional acne treatments make your skin really oily and you end up with more spots. It's years since I went through that stage but I found good honest soap dried my skin nicely and actually prevented spots. Of course there's no money in selling normal soap so they come up with ineffective products that make the problem worse and keep you buying them.