What's new

Thank you Kava, Thank you KavaForums

Sport014

Hey Everyone,

I started drinking kava a couple months back as a last-ditch effort to naturally treat anxiety and depression before seeking long-term prescription medication. I've been dealing with these problems for roughly 5 years now, and I've always worked hard to treat it with a holistic approach. Yoga, meditation, medication, therapy, breathing exercises, supplementation, changing my diet... I've tried a lot. In the end, nothing has affected me as positively as kava. I'm not a religious person, but I have great gratitude for whatever higher-being has given us such an amazing plant.

I'd also like to thank to the members and moderators of this forum. I find the information here much more reliable than that found on sites like erowid and bluelight. It seems like a very genuine and trustworthy community, and I really appreciate that. That's for all the hard work!

In case you're wondering about me, I'm an mid-30's American male with a young family. I work as a Software Engineer. I'm tightly-wound by nature, and all the added responsibilities of life have really taken me for a ride in recent years. I find that kava allows me the ability to sit back and relax, which is something I have a hard time doing on my own. The net result of my kava drinking is extremely positive. I have a happier family, I consume little to no alcohol (down from 2-3 drinks a night), I've finally been able to kick my caffeine addiction, and I'm getting much better quality sleep. In short, I've become a lot healthier. Kava has been a great addition to my life, and I hope I continue to benefit from it in the future.

Bula!

Kyle

kilakila

Kava keeps me going.
Great post! Totally agree from one tightly wound person to another! Kava is just the best! Keep up with the yoga, meditation, breathing, etc because they all work together to make us a whole lot better!
Bula!

Chaucer

Kava Curious
Welcome and know that you are in good company. I have a very similar backstory though I'm about 10 years older. I'm a persistent worrier - always trying to figure out what is out there that is going to ruin my life and then I try to figure out how I will handle it when the time comes. Unfortunately my 10 year old is just like me (he just came down as I was writing this because he is worried that he won't be able to sleep - his current worry du jour). I'm about 3 months into my venture with kava and I really do feel like it has been a game changer. I'm still trying to figure out the dosing and the strains, etc., but I do feel like it is a great improvement over my pre-kava days. Thank you Kap'm and all the fine people who make up this forum!

Ena Barry

Kava Curious
Hey Everyone,

I started drinking kava a couple months back as a last-ditch effort to naturally treat anxiety and depression before seeking long-term prescription medication. I've been dealing with these problems for roughly 5 years now, and I've always worked hard to treat it with a holistic approach. Yoga, meditation, medication, therapy, breathing exercises, supplementation, changing my diet... I've tried a lot. In the end, nothing has affected me as positively as kava. I'm not a religious person, but I have great gratitude for whatever higher-being has given us such an amazing plant.
Kyle
So nice to read about your success...... Hopefully, you'll continue to benefit from kava in the future.:joyful: