What's new

The Cat Returns!

KavaCat

Meow.
Hello again Kava forum. :3 I hung out here for quite a while, a few months back. I guess some things happened, and I haven't been having as much kava, just doing a ton of work, and had some friends for a while who are really into alcohol. Since the two don't mix, that's also lowered my consumption. Craft beer is delicious, but I'm all beer'd out for a while.

I just want to say hello to all my kava friends, old and new. I see we have a bondage lady and a bunch of other new people. Hello! And just to keep it kava related, what's your favorite kava drink/ product, right now? I'm having some blended mo'i/ melomelo. Mixes nicely, and makes music the best thing ever.

R

Rookietwoshoes

Greetings from the 'bondage lady' !

Are you experiencing any reverse tolerance symptoms as a result of your hiatus?

KavaCat

Meow.
Greetings from the 'bondage lady' !

Are you experiencing any reverse tolerance symptoms as a result of your hiatus?
Since we're on the topic, what should I call you? I imagine it's not bondage lady. Or maybe it is TOTALLY bondage lady? ;) I'm preferential to Cat, at least on the internet, where I am reluctant to go flinging my real name around, all willy nilly. As for the tolerance, no, not at all! I used about 6TBSP of traditional grind, with Melomelo and Mo'i being far from the strongest kavas, but have only made it through maybe half of a cup. I'm still working on it now, while I get some illo work done. It's a good job to do in the middle of the night.

Steve Mariotti

Kavapithecus Krunkarensis
Review Maestro
I'm preferential to Cat, at least on the internet, where I am reluctant to go flinging my real name around, all willy nilly.
Yeah, see, me too, except that when I joined the kava forums, I went ALL IN. Full name. Picture. The works. Made me kind of stick out like a sore thumb with all the pseudonyms around, but after recognizing that kava was straight-up and not naughty and illicit, I put all my chips on red and spun.

There's nothing about kava I would hide from anyone or be ashamed of. I'm proud of my discovery and impressed by the relevance of this stuff to everyday life. I expound on the virtues of kava as a part of daily life to anyone who will listen, and openly enjoy my obsession around my wife and children. Kava is real, and valuable, and wonderful and there's no shame in it whatsoever for me. I welcome full accountability when it comes to kava.

Oh, and HELLO CAT! It's nice to make your acquaintance on here! I can tell by your recent spate of posts that you're experienced and knowledgeable and I think I'm going to enjoy seeing you around here!

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Yeah, see, me too, except that when I joined the kava forums, I went ALL IN. Full name. Picture. The works. Made me kind of stick out like a sore thumb with all the pseudonyms around, but after recognizing that kava was straight-up and not naughty and illicit, I put all my chips on red and spun.

There's nothing about kava I would hide from anyone or be ashamed of. I'm proud of my discovery and impressed by the relevance of this stuff to everyday life. I expound on the virtues of kava as a part of daily life to anyone who will listen, and openly enjoy my obsession around my wife and children. Kava is real, and valuable, and wonderful and there's no shame in it whatsoever for me. I welcome full accountability when it comes to kava.

Oh, and HELLO CAT! It's nice to make your acquaintance on here! I can tell by your recent spate of posts that you're experienced and knowledgeable and I think I'm going to enjoy seeing you around here!
I mean, I've only got 3 credit cards in your name, so it's a win-win for everyone! Oh, and you own a time share in Costa Rica.

KavaCat

Meow.
Damn, I thought he was referring to me as the "bondage lady."
Okay, from now on, she's "Miss" and you're "Bondage Lady." :hilarious:

Calling myself something other than my name, is not about hiding my kava consumption, it's just that we're online at all. Kapm's joke is cute, but I've had similar things happen to me, actually. I don't even have a legitimate facebook. People tend not to realize they're in any danger by giving out their personal details, until someone abuses them... a rather sad truth. I actually tell everyone about kava! I have gotten a minimum of five people to try it, including my own mother. Haha! She's only taken the capsules so far, though (I tried to make her try root, but people will do what they wanna do). Maybe one day I will send her some micro, instant, or some of that fancy paradise extract.

Also, I love Ghibli movies.
What is illo work?

I noticed @HeadHodge has taken to calling me Wookie, but you can call me whatever you'd like.

Just call me. :p
Hehe, yes ma'am. Illo is short for illustration.