What's new

The convenience of micro in public places.

nickbroken

Kava Enthusiast
Lol yeah I love the micro myself can't wait for sample pack to delve into the other kinds than boroguru. Any other vendors with good micros? I need to branch out.
Lol my woman is a teacher in Maryland and said one of the other teachers got caught with a vodka bottle in their desk. They couldn't be fired though. Tenure.

D

Deleted User01

As the son of 2 teachers, I can honestly say "I feel for ya". But Kava is perfect for putting up with the little rascals. Nice post guys!

nickbroken

Kava Enthusiast
I have found the KWK micros really good. I like the borogu and pouni ono. The other stand out micro that I have to mention is BKH 11 yr waka. It's a monster.
Yeah I was trying to decide what to get from kwk since I'm low on kava and need a fast shipping alternative to hopefully get here next week will have to try those out. I looked at the 11 year Waka but was sold out. Also read things about the acetone test saying it was tudei, but Judd saying it was something in the soil so who knows.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Yeah I was trying to decide what to get from kwk since I'm low on kava and need a fast shipping alternative to hopefully get here next week will have to try those out. I looked at the 11 year Waka but was sold out. Also read things about the acetone test saying it was tudei, but Judd saying it was something in the soil so who knows.
I don't get on with most Fijian kavas and Loa waka just makes me anxious and might even give me a touch of depression. I have never got much out of Boronguru either but I really like the borogu and pouni ono. I would say pouni ono is the only really heady kava that I like. I prefer a heavy or balanced kava normally but that just hits me right and Tongan too so love the taste.

I did my own acetone test on one of the bags of 11 yr waka that I received and it looked fine. Maybe some problems in the past or could have been a genuine outlier in the results but I think it's fine now. It is really strong but feels noble, I don't get any unusual effects from it although I can feel a bit sluggish the next morning due to the sheer strength of the stuff. Not unpleasant though, no next day nausea of any kind. If you get hold of any just use 1 teaspoon per 200 ml or so of liquid and give it a while to kick in before you add more. You may find 2 or 3 of those will do you for the night and I sleep really soundly on it.

Jerome

Kava Lover
I prefer taking the time to knead a big bowl of slimy kava but you can't argue with the convenience.

nickbroken

Kava Enthusiast
Pulled the trigger on some loa Waka and borogu. I wanted to get the pouni ono but from all accounts I have read it is almost too heady and needs to be mixed lol. Nice thing is kwk is in Montana so it shouldn't take too long to get to me woohoo.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Pulled the trigger on some loa Waka and borogu. I wanted to get the pouni ono but from all accounts I have read it is almost too heady and needs to be mixed lol. Nice thing is kwk is in Montana so it shouldn't take too long to get to me woohoo.
Pouni Ono is the only pure heady kava that I like, probably because it's Tongan, but I have found I only need 1 teaspoon of micro in 200 to 250 ml of water/milk to give me sufficient effects. I can always add one or two more if I need but 2 is generally enough. I only use it during the day anyway.

nickbroken

Kava Enthusiast
Yeah I don't hit micro too hard. I tried it once with the boroguru and my legs were like jello so yeah no more of that. I might try some depending in how much I enjoy the other two. Also have a micro sample pack from ghk coming do it will help me decide a lot of things about what I like and don't. I'm guessing my favorites will be the Nene, borogu and boroguru. We will see how the mahakea-micronized, moi, and loa Waka go.

Last edited:

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I like the micros I have but I do find they dry my skin out more so I try not to use them all the time. When it comes time to order some more kava I will think about the GHK instants.

nickbroken

Kava Enthusiast
All kava will cause what they call dermopathy (spelling???) some will cause it more so than others, some people are more sensitive to it than others. :( Thankfully I am not bothered by it too much. :happy:
Aloha.

Chris
That's the straight he thing I'm not really effected by it. When I first started a few years ago I had this painful dermo sore spot on my leg for a few months then it just went away and nothing. I drink a lot of water though no joke a gallon of two a day.
I wonder if a certain kavalactone causes it or if it's something else in kava. Either way I will just lotion up if I see any issues. Your micro showed me the light and it will be difficult for me to go back. The only downside to micro is you don't have as many choices as medium grind.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
With micro you are consuming more of the root so must be something to do with that.

D

Deleted User01

All I do is Micro and I never get dermopathy. But I know for sure that the Makas have been removed "PRIOR" to processing so that's a good thing. I wonder if qty consumed is an issue? Normally, I do 2 tablespoons a day (5 times a week), 3 if I'm going "nuts". But Nene is always one of them and that kava is as harmless as it gets. But there is no accounting for allergic reactions. God knows I have enough allergies but Kava is not one of them and by the grace of god.