What's new

I Love Kava Friday The very last Friday of 2022

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
DALL·E 2022-12-30 08.08.06 - digital art of lazy sloths gathering for new years eve party.png

We've racked em up and knocked em down. The last Friday thread of the year of 2022.

I hope everyone has an excellent holiday weekend. I plan on doing as much couching and reading as I can, however somehow my plans never seem to fully work out, lol.

Enjoy this last Friday as we meet the new year head on!

Bula/Malok!

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
6A7F3250-8AD8-4B7D-95CB-A0EEC9F2F257.jpeg

I took a chance on Royal Fiji Kava from Amazon, but despite the promising looking packaging, it was basically inert sawdust like my last Amazon kava; Bilo Vinaka…which had clearly inauspicious packaging.

So I did myself a favor and ordered another bag of KWK’s Palasa…arrives tomorrow…Happy New Year!

::shaka:: ::KavaChug:: ::shaka::

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
View attachment 12861

I took a chance on Royal Fiji Kava from Amazon, but despite the promising looking packaging, it was basically inert sawdust like my last Amazon kava; Bilo Vinaka…which had clearly inauspicious packaging.

So I did myself a favor and ordered another bag of KWK’s Palasa…arrives tomorrow…Happy New Year!

I also got some Palasa, same source, and wow. That is kava on a totally different level

PapaCthulu

Kava Lover
I ordered the Palasa, the Mboung and the Loa Waka 5 or 6 days ago and has yet to even be picked up according to the post office. Inert sawdust from Taki Mai it is for me! :-(

PS. I bought the Taki Mai like 5 months ago not knowing what it was and have only been using it due to having to stretch funds over the holidays.

Last edited:

kavapros

Kava Curious
View attachment 12861

Wow I just heard there was a rather damaging review of our products on this forum, so I jumped in to see what the problem was.
We are the manufacturer of this so-called sawdust and I can promise you that its one of the highest grades of kava you can find.
Would love to know which product you purchased and what your issue was with it? "Inert Sawdust"doesn't really give us much to go on.
Thanks in advance.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Wow I just heard there was a rather damaging review of our products on this forum, so I jumped in to see what the problem was.
We are the manufacturer of this so-called sawdust and I can promise you that its one of the highest grades of kava you can find.
Would love to know which product you purchased and what your issue was with it? "Inert Sawdust"doesn't really give us much to go on.
Thanks in advance.
You should keep in mind that the user above uses amounts that would make you or I run for the toilet. His "sawdust" may make any other of us rooted out of our minds. Shakas is what we would call a "hard head"

kavapros

Kava Curious
You should keep in mind that the user above uses amounts that would make you or I run for the toilet. His "sawdust" may make any other of us rooted out of our minds. Shakas is what we would call a "hard head"
Looks like you're supporting this trash Kap'n. Nonetheless it's a damaging review regardless of how much he drinks, clearly he wouldnt know quality if it hit him in the face. Honestly speaking if the guy knew half as much as he thought he does he wouldnt have written this. You've got him labelled as a "review maestro" and he simply spitting BS at a product my team and I work very hard to produce. If he's not going to be specific about it he should remove this trash.
He's comparing us with another companies that don't even produce their own kava.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Looks like you're supporting this trash Kap'n. Nonetheless it's a damaging review regardless of how much he drinks, clearly he wouldnt know quality if it hit him in the face.
Let's be crystal clear. We support ANY honest review. Because it doesn't align with your standards, it does make it any less valuable, in fact, it makes it more valuable because it helps this community.

sɥɐʞɐs

Review Maestro
Looks like you're supporting this trash Kap'n. Nonetheless it's a damaging review regardless of how much he drinks, clearly he wouldnt know quality if it hit him in the face. Honestly speaking if the guy knew half as much as he thought he does he wouldnt have written this. You've got him labelled as a "review maestro" and he simply spitting BS at a product my team and I work very hard to produce. If he's not going to be specific about it he should remove this trash.
He's comparing us with another companies that don't even produce their own kava.
lol, absolutely unaware and an astounding overreaction to a small blurb, in an old forgotten thread. I’ll give you a full response when I have the time, purely out of kindness, you’ve certainly shown me now that you don’t actually deserve it.

@The Kap'n maybe it is time to change my subtitle though, maybe to ‘ex-review maestro’…or ‘Kava Pro’, I like the sound of that. ::awesomesmiles::

Last edited:

sɥɐʞɐs

Review Maestro
There's been some tension in the forums here as of late... sad...
Another ‘lol’ from me, sorry.
1) We’ve been through much worse, but they were all good discussions that needed to be had, even if they got heated.
2) Ever since I logged back in to the KavaForums, Lenticels seemed to be the person regularly making contentious postings… sad…

Lenticels

AluNaw
Another ‘lol’ from me, sorry.
1) We’ve been through much worse, but they were all good discussions that needed to be had, even if they got heated.
2) Ever since I logged back in to the KavaForums, Lenticels seemed to be the person regularly making contentious postings… sad…
I should add that I wanted to say that I (at first) actually laughed somewhat boisterously at this exchange here, but I decided to refrain from putting that out there so as to not appear too insensitive... guess you can't win either way, ha.

And "contentious" or not (I'm pretty sure one user was just joking with me, though), I don't see any problem(s) with most of my posts as far as accuracy & veraciousness goes: but hey, I'm more than willing to be corrected! If you're actually right! Glad, actually.

The real problem I see is that others have a deeply-ingrained tendency to react emotionally to corrections.

Last edited:

sɥɐʞɐs

Review Maestro
but hey, I'm more than willing to be corrected! Glad, actually.
On that, we can agree, I appreciate the honesty and what sounds like your adherence to the scientific method.
We may butt heads along the way, but as long as we attempt to have honest factual discussions, to whatever degree that's possible...considering the relatively small amount of good kava science and experienced anecdotal data to draw from...then I'll be willing to engage in conversation, or debate, if I must.

kavapros

Kava Curious
lol, absolutely unaware and an astounding overreaction to a small blurb, in an old forgotten thread. I’ll give you a full response when I have the time, purely out of kindness, you’ve certainly shown me now that you don’t actually deserve it.

@The Kap'n maybe it is time to change my subtitle though, maybe to ‘ex-review maestro’…or ‘Kava Pro’, I like the sound of that. ::awesomesmiles::
Not sure how this would be considered an overreaction. Tell me how you might feel if something you put you heart and soul into was referred to as "sawdust" and compared to other kava that had not been given the same love and attention?
Yes the thread is old but clearly still reaching people seeing as I was notified of this yesterday.
Fair enough to say that I don't deserve your time heck I don't even know you; but above is the basis of my overreaction, surely you can understand that. Perhaps it may seem like a overreaction probably due to the frustration of Fiji's loss in the quarter finals yesterday and the fact I had not slept since then.
However seeing the thumbs ups you received for something so general and non-specific did touch a nerve.
Secondly with the Kapn comment it seems you are a hard head (someone who drinks very strong kava). Which tells me your review must have been based on our Platinum Lewena kava. I'm saying this because this particular product is not made for hard heads or those who like their kava strong. Hence why the product is clearly marked Lewena on the bag. Being a hardcore kava drinker you should know that. This is my all time favourite kava to drink because its mild plus it smells and tastes good.
If there was any issue with our product it's only fair that you explain otherwise it's simply slanderous.
Don't get me wrong I love and appreciate all negative reviews because it tells me what we need to improve on, and how we can make it right.
I did not mean to make this heated but I'm very passionate about what our team has produced and stand by it 100%. At the end of the day I do this so people like you can sit back and think "damnit that was money well spent" (mate ni lavo).
I'm sorry you didn't enjoy our kava and apologise if this seemed heated.

kavapros

Kava Curious
Let's be crystal clear. We support ANY honest review. Because it doesn't align with your standards, it does make it any less valuable, in fact, it makes it more valuable because it helps this community.
Thanks Groggy I totally understand what you mean and can honestly say I support this sentiment 100%
Perhaps you could explain how this review helps the community

kavapros

Kava Curious
There's been some tension in the forums here as of late... sad...
Not aware of the tension prior to my post but I think I know where it comes from. Nonetheless we must take the good with the bad and do our best to strive for continuous improvement.

Lenticels

AluNaw
Not aware of the tension prior to my post but I think I know where it comes from. Nonetheless we must take the good with the bad and do our best to strive for continuous improvement.
Where do you think it comes from?

(I also was, admittedly, being somewhat facetious there.)

Last edited:

kavapros

Kava Curious
Where do you think it comes from?

(I also was, admittedly, being somewhat facetious there.)
Honestly I think it's too deep to dive into right now but it's something I've only seen in kava groups. It's different from the average hate filled keyboard warriors, I feel there was (and still is in some cases) a big cultural divide that is the "root" cause of much of the heat.
In my case the above review simply touched a nerve for obvious reasons and off the back of Fiji losing against England I was in a shitty mood.

Lenticels

AluNaw
Honestly I think it's too deep to dive into right now but it's something I've only seen in kava groups. It's different from the average hate filled keyboard warriors, I feel there was (and still is in some cases) a big cultural divide that is the "root" cause of much of the heat.
In my case the above review simply touched a nerve for obvious reasons and off the back of Fiji losing against England I was in a shitty mood.
Cultural divide?

kavapros

Kava Curious
Cultural divide?
Let me give an example where someone took a harmless joke of a kava drinking challenge, as a threat and offered to exercise their 1st amendment right if he sees him show up .

Most of the time its as simple as people not understanding eachother.