What's new

I Love Kava Friday The week's end. We're here.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
@fait Rebecca Black had no idea how she would be immortalized by the internet. She'll be 65, and still haunted by her music video.

fait

Position 5 Hard Support
@fait Rebecca Black had no idea how she would be immortalized by the internet. She'll be 65, and still haunted by her music video.
At worst she'll still be embarrassed by it, but she's been persistent in a music career and she's no doubt better than she was when she did Friday. Think of it like looking at a picture you drew of Goku when you were 9-10 years old and watching DBZ every day while doing professional illustrations for such-and-such enterprise. You know you're better than you were when you were a kid. Rebecca would probably be more haunted by her video if she gave up afterwards.

Edit: Here's a video of some show that Rebecca Black went on last year. She didn't give up:

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I was drinking kava on the beach a few days ago and found this used needle in the sand...so, obviously...:
View attachment 9887
Sand....hypodermic needle....beach......

No.

I'm afraid that would probably be my last trip to that beach...or possibly any beach...good god that's horrible. Do you wear steel toed boots to walk out there?

fait

Position 5 Hard Support
Sand....hypodermic needle....beach......

No.

I'm afraid that would probably be my last trip to that beach...or possibly any beach...good god that's horrible. Do you wear steel toed boots to walk out there?
I never thought about walking on a needle by accident at the beach. Now I gotta wear shoes at the beach all the time. I can't unsee that. :eek:

Saghloqh

Kava Curious
So I didn't think it was going to be a kava day today, because I had previously consumed all I had (and feeling under the weather did not feel like making a journey downtown).

But when I opened my freezer an hour ago, what happened to be staring me down but that container of makas I've been keeping. Honestly I wasn't expecting too much, because there was maybe like 8 Tbsp. and they all had gone through 2 washes at least.

But I boiled them up, gave it a good knead, then did a second wash and combined. Boy howdy. I've hardly drunk 1/3rd of what I have and I feel serene.

In fact, although I'm not even at a spot most people would call "recreational" this might be my best kava experience yet. I think it might be because most of the kavain is gone... even at lower doses I always seem to have a bit of physical anxiety mixed in with the good feelings. None of that right now, just serenity, contentment.

I keep feeling like I have to be on my guard. Kava is a mind-altering substance, and I have a long history of addiction with various substances both synthetic and natural. But kava is the first that keeps getting better every month... it's like the honeymoon period is at the very end of whenever I stop using kava, and I'm slowly moving towards that moment over time.

Hope everyone has a great Friday and weekend!

Intrepidus_dux

Kava O.G.
This week was hard with massive allergies and high pollen counts with Mullberry and Ash. Finished off the week with a bang today though. Learning how to hang light boxes outside. Later EMT pipe will go to these boxes for wire. This is a good Friday for me. Also, I got to jam my tunes while working since I was outside and the superintendant was inside the building! Muwahahaha

Attachments

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
What's the surgery for?
severe compression of the spinal cord in my neck (spinal stenosis) and monday surgery for severe compression of my deltoid nerves (foramine stenosis)

its making the whole right side of my body weak and partially paralyzed Cant walk on my right leg or lift my right arm either. Left side of my body is perfectly fine

Alia

'Awa Grower/Collector
severe compression of the spinal cord in my neck (spinal stenosis) and monday surgery for severe compression of my deltoid nerves (foramine stenosis)

its making the whole right side of my body weak and partially paralyzed Cant walk on my right leg or lift my right arm either. Left side of my body is perfectly fine
So very sorry that you have to go through this but at least you will recover after surgery. I had very bad lateral disc protrusion at L2 4-5 impinging on L5 nerve. MRI revealed stenosis in three areas but mild. The L-5 nerve was severe pain for a very long time. A steroid shot twice did the trick and mostly pain free now. A lifetime of hard-labour provided only one good area of my lumbar spine. Always on the edge of disaster so please you take it easy and recover.