What's new

This place is great

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert

Kava Curious
I passed through this town a while ago and found this place, I was very very happy to find it, really cool atmosphere good music, the owners were very nice and cool ppl. The first shell I had was a Fijian, and it wasn't so good, very watered down, I felt a little deflated. Than I find out they had a bunch of Fijians the night before, and they like there kava weak, and drink a lot of it, it was free. Ordered the Vanuatu next, sand it was very very good. Much better than expected, I expected a totally average had it a million times kava, it was far better. I bought a bag (pricey) and fully enjoyed it as one of the better kavas I've had, it was very very similar to bkh nambawan, I actually think they may have been the same. Definitely recommend these guys. There weren't any reviews on here so I thought I'd throw my 2 cents in.

infraredz

BULA!
Glad to hear it!

If I ever make it up there, I'm surely going to stop by and hopefully be able to share a shell or two with Tyler. The closest Nakamal to me is around 150 miles away, but I do go to it on occasion when I'm in the area visiting friends and family. I have a feeling that Tyler's establishment will at the very least, have the best kava. Also the place that I go to on occasion has what seems like very high prices for a standard Borogu-like kava.

If I remember correctly, it was 6oz ("double shell") for like 12.00. What was the pricing like at Tyler's place? I'm just wondering if all kava bars have similar pricing or if it's just that one that I've been to.

Robert

Kava Curious
It was something like 6 dollars a shell, could be off in memory, but something like that, definitely a special occasion kind of thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.