What's new

Those Krunked times

Bert07

Me like da kava
Just for laughs, share with us your most 'krunked out' experience throughout your entire history of kava drinking. Don't be afraid to be specific-- i.e. what type of kava/what was in your mix?; what were the quantities used for the batch?; how many shells and in what amount of time did you consume everything?; what type of day was it for you(stressful/relaxed)?; was it on an empty stomach/semi-empty/full?

And most importantly, what happened to you? How did you feel (get specific)/did you get sick? Did you do any stupid sh**? Were you around people at the time?

Lol, it seems like I'm interrogating you, but just trying to throw out ideas.

Bula!

Vekta

Notorious Lightweight
Review Maestro
The first time I tried Chief's Jungle I got totally laid out. I had read reviews about it way back in the day. That was my first venture into heavy handed kava varieties. I was still rather green. Welp...I had about 1/4 of a shell...not even a half...and I was KO as soon as I put the shell down. I don't know how I was during my most "krunked out" experience because... I was face down out cold sawin logs until about 2:00 the next day.:D

infraredz

BULA!
I think I'm probably one of the only people on here who has never been "krunked". I started out with very small doses and whenever I try out a new strain, I do a vague calculation to determine potency and so I've never taken too much. I did get really nauseous from some Stone once, but that was when I also was taking some clonidine concurrently (both of which just made me really tired).

I actually try not to get "krunk". I feel like I'm crazy on this :oops:

Vekta

Notorious Lightweight
Review Maestro
I didn't mean to get krunk either. I was just totally unprepared for what I drank.:oops: I was such a noob.:D

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
upper level krunk, for me, seems to come at random. every now and then it'll hit me hard but most of the time it doesn't. i consider myself most krunked when my vision starts tracking weird, my head bobbles a bit and it takes a split second for my sight to catch up. by this time all my limbs are much more loose and sloppy (not like being shitfaced drunk though) and my skin seems to be more sensitive to the air outside. being outside in general has more appreciation attached to it. also, there are a few minutes where it feels like i can feel the kava flowing through me (a rush?). it puts a silly little smirk on my face. i get nausea easily, whether it hits me hard or not.

the last time this happened really strong, i made a batch of an unknown fiji-waka with a friend. i just doubled my usual 8 tablespoons and used 16 (probably heaping) and strained with a nylon...we had shells about every 15 min or so...it was already noticeably strong after the 1st. the full krunkiness kicked in after a fourth shell that i could barely drink.

Bert07

Me like da kava
Lol, Vekta 1/4 of a shell? Jeez that's like 2-3 sips. Either you truly are a 'notorious lightweight' or that batch of Chief's you had was laced with something, which I highly doubt.

Bert07

Me like da kava
I read something where some people say they drank so much kava that they can't walk. I wonder if this is actually true and kava has the potential to do that or it's just one of those exaggerated statements.

Ecto

Train by day, Kava by night....All day
We have a giant 4th of July party every year at my folks place were everyone gets really drunk and eats alot of food. It was my first 4th party that I wasn't a drinker anymore. I started to get a little jealous of all the fun everyone was having so I started chugging shells about 30 minutes apart for about 6 hours or so. It wasn't until I walked inside to watch a baseball game that I realized I couldn't see straight and the room was spinning. It's like it all just hit me at once. I spent an hour or so puking and then passed out. Not one of my finer moments and it made me realize that even though kava is a gentle substance, you still must respect it.

violet

Do all things with love
I discovered my krunk accidentally. I think it was due to the combination of getting my kneading technique down effectively, subbing in a single spoonful of Koniak with Boroguru, and getting over some more reverse tolerance (so a newbie mistake, I guess). I've been drinking 6T of kava to 2 cups of liquid split into 3 shells. I've had only positive effects from drinking all three shells, so I was really surprised when that kava session turned me over. I couldn't see straight and had to concentrate really hard to walk. I had to close one eye to watch the bowl of soup I carried to the dinner table, so as not to spill it. I always drink kava on an empty stomach and eat shortly afterwards. I tend towards a little nausea with kava, but this time it was severe. I could only manage a bite or two of my soup and got sick shortly thereafter.

It was an experience I hope to not repeat. I'd never had my vision that messed up from even alcohol before, and the overall feeling was very unpleasant. The feeling for me was like experiencing the worst parts of being inebriated on any number of things, except with no dulling of the mind so I got to feel it all full-fold. Krunk is not for me.

D

Deleted User01

I must say that I have never been that Krunked before. Like Vekta, it doesn't take much to efffect me. I had one shell of Fiji yesterday afternoon and it carried me thru the afternoon and got me motivated to tackle a depressing project. It seems like a few shells puts me in a good place but more shells doesn't have a corresponding effect so I don't try to force the issue.

endwatcher

Is there death before life?
2 years ago.
It was summer, and my mother in law was in from NH. Her, I, my wife and kids went to the lake.
I hadnt eatin anything all day "on purpose" and come around 11-12 noon, I decided to start drinking some very nice BKH Green instant.
I cant remember exactly how much I put in a liter bottle of water, but it was somewhere around double strength.

I slugged down about a 1/3 of the bottle around 11ish, around noon a slugged another.
I went out in the lake on my wifes pink floaty, I remember laying on my stomach looking down in the water "Im Aquarious, so Im pretty drawn to water" and feeling the nice hot sun baking on my back.
I truely fealt the most content and at "one" and then I passed out! haha

I had some very euphoric feelings, and some I cant put words to; just that they were gental and connected.

Ive gotton krunked on lots of occasions, but nothing has done what BKH's green did for me.
"can I get a discount Judd, for the raving review?" lol

I need to buy some more, when I do my next order. Just waiting for Fu'u to come back to stock

Vekta

Notorious Lightweight
Review Maestro
Lol, Vekta 1/4 of a shell? Jeez that's like 2-3 sips. Either you truly are a 'notorious lightweight' or that batch of Chief's you had was laced with something, which I highly doubt.
It might have just been a good batch from a really good plant(s). I had another bag of chief's and it wasn't nearly as potent as that first bag. But yes, it's is true. I am a Notorious Lightweight and proud of it. :p I've recently been able to go down to 1 tbsp every other week. :cool: No, it won't be a regular practice.

P

ProtestTheHero

My first real krunk popped up on me unexpectedly. I remember it was the fourth or fifth time I had gone to a kava bar with a friend who had introduced it to me. Before that, I hadn't really felt anything and I thought it was a waste to try because it apparently had no effects. This time, I was determined and thought I'd try 3 ''extra heavy'' shells, and it probably didn't help that I didn't eat much that day. Within 20 minutes I felt incredibly tired, heavy, and surprisingly good. The feeling was superior to alcohol in every way, and it kept getting stronger even after an hour in. I passed out for 13 hours or so and waking up still slightly krunk. I don't even remember passing out but one of my friends told me that I kept nodding off on the drive home (I wasn't driving), and he won't let me live it down haha. Honestly it was enjoyable. No hangover!

dreggerz

Kava Curious
Well this is my first post I've been lurking for almost a year and have been drinking kava for eight months. Please excuse any flight of fancy in my writing, as I'm krunk and have not been so in several months, wooo hooo :) It was several months after I first started drinking shells that I made a critical error in my preparation technique. I normally used a cotton shirt in my prep method well this was the day I decided to try out the paint strainer. I used my normal 8 tbs in approximately 16 oz of cool water and BKH boroguru. I kneaded (is that a word ?) the root in my newly washed paint strainer for about 10 minutes and poured the wonderful mud water into my storage jar. I drank my normal 4 oz shell and repeated 2 more times with about a 5 - 10 minute interval. As I was consuming I noticed that the consistency of the kava was quite a bit thicker than usual (that should have been a red flag) after 3 shells I felt pretty good but not overwhelmed. I sat down ate an unusually large dinner and just about the time I finished was when the sudden feeling of uh oh set in. I set my plate down and was going to go lie down. Then came the realization of how strong kava can be. I was unable to stand, my wife helped me to my feet and off I staggered. Upon arriving in the bedroom I decide it was best to stagger swiftly to the once familiar barfing receptacle. After the lovely dinner purge I layed down and slipped off to sleep only to wake the following day and feel refreshed ( figured I would have at least felt somewhat bad the next day). After that I learned to strain my kava back through the doubled up strainer and to avoid the "snuck in on me" toss and wash. Glad to be here hope that made ya smile, now off for another shell ;)

D

Deleted User01

Welcome to the forum Dreggerz and thank you for sharing your experience. Don't be a stranger.

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
Sometimes, when I'm nearing the end of a bag of kava and I don't think I have enough left for two nights, I'll dump the whole thing out and make it all. Last time I did that, I was pretty mentally shot (no short term memory...laughing at random things...you know) until I went to bed, not to mention my legs felt like jelly. I can see how it'd be unpleasant especially if you tend towards nausea and other side effects from kava. For me, it's more of a change of pace although not something I want to do every night.

kavalover

Outsider
Sometimes, when I'm nearing the end of a bag of kava and I don't think I have enough left for two nights, I'll dump the whole thing out and make it all.
Heh, I used to do that too. Lately though I can't. I've been drinking kava for the past, eh, 4 years now? Very recently higher doses of kava have replaced the usual relaxation with dysphoria and and an uncomfortable, restless sensation. Strange, I can't really get "krunked" like I used to be able to.