What's new

Tobacco User

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I was able to kick cigs three years ago just by a change in environment. I had moved to Ethiopia and the people I was working with were very unaccepting of cigs. So I just kind of didn't have any and had to stop. After six months straight I took some leave and was exposed to cigs, but I had no desire to go back.

Obviously, that's not a situation that everyone can afford to come across... But life is certainly better without tobacco addiction.
Really goes to show how reinforcing public opinion is, even when its something that will without a doubt kill you. I'd wager that if it were as unpopular here, we'd have far more people staying quit. That's really interesting.

ThePiper

Kava Lover
I actually just did my senior paper on the psychosocial factors that cause new smokers to pop up like hamster babies every day. We all know it's dangerous by now, but people still pick up that first smoke. Reason for that is largely social.

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
Absolutley.
The idea that tobacco itself is harmful is just a whole bag of shit in my opinion, I think it's as harmful as you make it. But you don't make your chew . You don't make your ciggaretes and dry the leaf yourself do you? No. Of course not.
If you do that. Even if you don't quit. Your son will never see the plant you grow yourself and process and make sure is safe as the same stuff his friends will be doing. Seeing all the work you put into it. To not ingest the commercial crap known as tobacco on the market will be an odd thing. And usually when you start using just tobacco not commercial tobacco. Your cravings aren't so constant anymore. They are all of sudden a once or twice a day occurrence , just like caffiene . Just like almost all other addictive substances. The craving is almost daily rather than hourly . Why? There are only a few exceptions, and these tend to be the most processed and disgusting of all the addictive drugs.

Why are there 20 to 40 ciggarete cravings in a day ? That doesn't make sense.
That's not a nicotene craving. Although it's mixed in.
That's a craving for something else.

Try real tobacco then see how you feel, what's the worst thing that could happen

You don't quit .
Same as if you don't quit if you try with the kind your doing now.
Only difference your health and your sons. On whether or not your ingesting tobacoo AND 600 other chemicals orrr tobacco.
That's not a tough choice.
Then it's quit or use tobacco
Quit or use tobacco and 600 other chemicals that actually cause all of the issues.
Ones a health issue and addiction issue ones just an addiction issue
The second one in any case sounds better in my opinion

I quit ciggaretes a few years ago.
Found organic tobacco recently. I smoke a pipe (don't inhale) pretty much whenever I want. And by that I mean sometimes twice a day sometimes not for weeks.
I could not do that with commercial cigs