What's new

Tonga

amani

Kava Curious
Hi
I just got some KWK Tonga med. grind. Put 4tbls. in the strainer bag I got from them and kneaded for 8 minutes. The color was lighter than the WAKA KAVA I get off Amazon and the taste was smoother. But it numbed my tongue so much it felt like I couldn’t talk for a few minutes. I assume that may be a good sign??? I’m waiting for the results as I write this. I like what I’ve been getting off Amazon and it sure is cheaper but I saw where some of you think highly of KWK so I thought I’d give it a try. I’m on my 4th pound of kava and am finding it really helps with anxiety for me. Especially the next day. I wake up feeling relaxed and stress free. I am able to roll with situations that would normally cause me to stress out like crazy. Does anyone have experience with this strain that you could share?
Thanks

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Hi
I just got some KWK Tonga med. grind. Put 4tbls. in the strainer bag I got from them and kneaded for 8 minutes. The color was lighter than the WAKA KAVA I get off Amazon and the taste was smoother. But it numbed my tongue so much it felt like I couldn’t talk for a few minutes. I assume that may be a good sign??? I’m waiting for the results as I write this. I like what I’ve been getting off Amazon and it sure is cheaper but I saw where some of you think highly of KWK so I thought I’d give it a try. I’m on my 4th pound of kava and am finding it really helps with anxiety for me. Especially the next day. I wake up feeling relaxed and stress free. I am able to roll with situations that would normally cause me to stress out like crazy. Does anyone have experience with this strain that you could share?
Thanks
Yes! The numbing is a good sign. It means there are plenty of kavalactones in your brew.

Tongan kava is quite bright and cerebral.

amani

Kava Curious
I must have done something wrong. I used 4 heaping tbls of Tongan. I fasted. I didn't notice much of any effect at all. Then I went to what is becoming my fav, WAKA FIJIAN KAVA, and there it was. Nice. Relaxing. Even helps me the next day. And there is a bit of pain relief for me. The Tongan cost me $78 with shipping and a strainer. The FIJIAN is only 38.99. I wonder if mixing them would be interesting. Or maybe it just takes more of the Tongan?