What's new

Toss n wash

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
We suggest preparation in the traditional sense. Either with a strainer cloth, or aluball bottle.

Instant kava and micronized kavas are toss and wash friendly. Doing it with medium grind will give you strong effects, however it also has strong effects on your stomach. All that extra fiber can cause not such a good time. It can also bring on the skin drying effects much more quickly than drinking normally strained kava.

WaitingForGrogot

Kava Curious
I'd add my voice to straining - I used to use toss and wash, but it's not good for the stomach or for getting dry skin. To avoid waste you can freeze the leftovers from straining and re-use a later time.

Zaphod

Kava Lover
What are your thoughts on toss n wash ? Is it okay to do ?
Friends don't let Friends Toss n' wash. It can be done, but really not recommended. I know people complain about kava taste but after a bit most regulars begin to enjoy it. I have tasted and drunk a lot worse than kava....

Rachel Mills

Kava Curious
We suggest preparation in the traditional sense. Either with a strainer cloth, or aluball bottle.

Instant kava and micronized kavas are toss and wash friendly. Doing it with medium grind will give you strong effects, however it also has strong effects on your stomach. All that extra fiber can cause not such a good time. It can also bring on the skin drying effects much more quickly than drinking normally strained kava.
Never tried, except for homemade. Let us know what you think.
How do you make homemade

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
How do you make homemade
Take medium grind, and this works best with grinds that already have very fine particles, and you put it in a nut milk bag, tie it tight, put it in a jar and shake. Then put it into a container or if you're like me, just take the bag out (to be used for making regular grog) and just add some water to the jar and shake it up. I like to put the lid on first, any way, drink that down, then enjoy that while you're making some grog with the bag. :) Who says you have to *Wait* ?

Zaphod

Kava Lover
I'm thinking of trying the micronized it sounded super interesting
Micronized is a good way to start out. It is tougher on the stomach, tastes worse than a good medium grind prepped traditionally, and after some time it will be more likely to cause dermopathy. However, the advantage is that as a newbie it is super easy to prepare, and easy to measure your serving size and reliably change up or down. Most folks don't stay with micronized long term and switch to a traditional prep.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Micronized is a good way to start out. It is tougher on the stomach, tastes worse than a good medium grind prepped traditionally, and after some time it will be more likely to cause dermopathy. However, the advantage is that as a newbie it is super easy to prepare, and easy to measure your serving size and reliably change up or down. Most folks don't stay with micronized long term and switch to a traditional prep.
With my homemade micro, I always figure it was coming through the bag anyway.

Crunked

Proselytizer
Kapm, if you meant to say just aluball I agree, the balls work very well. But if you also recommend the alubottle I have to respectfully disagree. IMHO the bottle is overpriced junk that leaks like a sieve. Better to buy any cheap shaker bottle instead.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Kapm, if you meant to say just aluball I agree, the balls work very well. But if you also recommend the alubottle I have to respectfully disagree. IMHO the bottle is overpriced junk that leaks like a sieve. Better to buy any cheap shaker bottle instead.
Oh I was just referring to the way the product works in general.