What's new

Trying to stock up

exit stage left
My kava drinking tends to be interrupted by lack of money, and I usually only ever have one 1/2 pound bag on hand at a time, but I pulled some extra shifts at work and kind of went kava wild. I'm currently waiting for the mailman to bring me 1/2 pound of KWK's Boronguru (supposed to arrive Thursday) 1/2 pound of GHK's Hawaiian Blend (supposed to arrive Friday), and GHK's Micronized Sample Pack (will probably take a week or two, I just ordered it). It's like Christmas. I've never tried any of these varieties before so I'm very excited to branch out into some heavier varieties. I have tried Moi and Mahakea before, but not in micronized form.

I feel a little guilty about spending so much money but I'm sure once I'm actually drinking the kava that will take care of that.

But honestly, kava keeps me from using worse things (like benzos or alcohol) so it could be a worse tradeoff, I guess. I'm going to work out a good kava schedule for maximum anxiety relief while still remaining productive.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I'm trying to stock down. I've tried most of the kavas I wanted to try and I'm slowly getting a list of must have kavas that I always want to have around.

currentbun

Kavacidal Maniac
Being a newbie has benefits. I was very lucky with my starter choice, but now I have the amazing reviews on this board to go by. Still doesn't make the decision-making easy but at least I feel like I can't go wrong with any recommendations from the loons on this board.

Thanks for saving me from wasting money on garbage and for the great prices we have access to. ::shell::::shell::::shell::::shell::::shell::

No one paid me to say that. :D

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Bear in mind that your reaction to a certain kava may be different to everyone else's. Chances are for the most part you will be the same but there will be some kavas that just don't do it for you no matter what the reviews say. Just one of those things.

currentbun

Kavacidal Maniac
Bear in mind that your reaction to a certain kava may be different to everyone else's. Chances are for the most part you will be the same but there will be some kavas that just don't do it for you no matter what the reviews say. Just one of those things.
That's true. I guess I'm making some assumptions based on experience with a whole two kava types. :shameshame: I'll remain cautiously optimistic.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
I'm trying to stock down. I've tried most of the kavas I wanted to try and I'm slowly getting a list of must have kavas that I always want to have around.
Agreed (for the most part) kava is like a fine wine, there will always be another one to try, but I toned it down, I don't foresee running out of kava anytime soon.