What's new

turmeric for kava negatives

Robert

Kava Curious
Was looking at an old thread about the red itchy eye side effect when your drinking way to much kava, I'm experiencing it now after a few weeks of constant all day use of the best kava I've ever had, no dermopathy or anything, just eyes starting to react, was reading someone's explanation of it being caused by mast cell de granulation, than looking that up I found that it's somehow related to substance p having to much. Had also heard on a recent podcast that one of the ways turmeric works is by removing substance p from nerve endings, so now I jump to the conclusion that taking highly bio available turmeric with your noble kava could greatly reduce some of the side effects of consuming to much. Could be wrong as I don't really understand exactly how any of it works, anyone else know if this could be?

D

Deleted User01

I never get side effects from Kava. I take said dose of Tumeric everyday. Therefore Tumeric must be a cure all. Hmmm, I don't know about that but it's worth pondering. Tumeric is an anti-inflammatory which is why I take it in lieu of Advil. But Kava is also an anti-inflammatory. So in any event, I feel like I'm doing the best and safest organic drugs for pain relief.

jw2112

Kava Curious
I was having issues with recurring stye in both eyes for awhile. Doc wrote Minocyclene and cleared up inflammation and been well since. I like the Tumeric idea and am ordering now...

August West

Kava Enthusiast
Turmeric is good stuff. Before I had my back surgery, I was running the gauntlet of pain relief regimens. Turmeric, bromelain, and wobenzym-n were able to ease my pain by about 30%. And kava dries out my eyes, chaps my lips, and makes my skin itch within five minutes of my first shell, every single time. Also black pepper,or piper nigrum boosts the effectiveness of turmeric.... I wonder if piper methysticum does as well?

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I was having issues with recurring stye in both eyes for awhile. Doc wrote Minocyclene and cleared up inflammation and been well since. I like the Tumeric idea and am ordering now...
I had to swap from contacts to glasses for this exact reason. I had styes in both eyes on a weekly basis. It was....well...it was rather miserable. Ever since I switched to glasses only I haven't had one **knocks on wood**