What's new

Two years old open bag

Camaytoc

Kava Enthusiast
Just a little share here... I discoverd some.very old leftover of KwK borogu and BKH Melo Melo. They were very dried and kind of weird kneeding them.
Turns out that I've enjoyed quite a lot! I was surprised that they are still potent and keeps the same effect.

Voilà!
Cheerios!

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Just a little share here... I discoverd some.very old leftover of KwK borogu and BKH Melo Melo. They were very dried and kind of weird kneeding them.
Turns out that I've enjoyed quite a lot! I was surprised that they are still potent and keeps the same effect.

Voilà!
Cheerios!
Thank you for the report. That helps us answer questions we encounter down the road.

nabanga

Kava Enthusiast
Thats good - your kava must have been well sealed. I drank some ancient kava about 10 years ago from a poorly sealed bag and my face swelled up with some kind of allergy against all the mould/microbes that were living in it. I think well sealed and frozen kava can last a long time without losing noticeable potency.

Camaytoc

Kava Enthusiast
Melo Melo was well zip locked, but the ziplock of the borogu was broken since the first opening back in late 2018. When I discovered that bag, it was just warped up with a broccoli blue elastic! I guess the fact that the shelf was near a source of heat dried up the kava quickly, hence mold and other weird stuff didn't happen to me.

Intrepidus_dux

Kava O.G.
Melo Melo was well zip locked, but the ziplock of the borogu was broken since the first opening back in late 2018. When I discovered that bag, it was just warped up with a broccoli blue elastic! I guess the fact that the shelf was near a source of heat dried up the kava quickly, hence mold and other weird stuff didn't happen to me.
This would have been my line of inquiry. What kind of environment do you live in. Any idea of the humidity levels where it was stored? Happy for you that you could still use it.

Camaytoc

Kava Enthusiast
Last summer, it was very hot and humidity was pretty high, that is the main reason I was kinda unsure about these bags and go forward and shell it.
BTW, I received my Fiji Vanua Kava Tongan today. So great kava, it surpasses my old bags by a lot (everything aspect of this new kava is spot on to me).