What's new

Update on instants and flavors?

Skywalker

Kava Enthusiast
How is the world of instants coming along? After two years I am less and less tolerant of the flavor: Nemo had the same problem I think. It gets harder to get excited about chugging swamp juice.

Its to the point where my kava ritual is a 10 minute exercise in getting the bloody stuff as cold as possible, and drowning it in lemon juice, while holding my breath and thinking happy thoughts.

So, is there a cool aid version of this stuff yet?

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
Kalm with Kava concentrate is a really great instant Kava. It's a bit on the expensive side compared to the powdered instants, I suppose.

My advice would be to tough it out with powdered root. Mixing it with coconut water and making big light batches seems to work for a lot of people.

I can make bowls of swamp sludge and be a content, happy old Kava pig. So perhaps I'm not the best source.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Honestly, I haven't tasted anything nicer than Paradise Kavas cream of Vanuatu mixed with milk.

blindy107

Kava Lover
I usually prefer the taste of straight kava for some reason. And I feel like the stronger it tastes the stronger it acts. Psychosomatic.

Kalm is good stuff for sure. I used to make Namby pamby drinks with micro as well. Lots of good recipes in the library.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I love the taste of strong kava in plain water too but there's something about the cream of Vanuatu, such a lovely tasting instant.

I've been using the aluball with nene root and I love the taste but I find it more pronounced than I thought it would be, could be to do with sediment? Lovely effects too...