What's new

Kava Preparation Update on my Kava Adventures; and Kavaccino

Pat-Attack

Kava Curious
Since being introduced to the world of kava from a Gizmodo write-up about a local kava shop, I've fallen in love with the stuff, really enjoying the headier varieties (KWK Fiji Loa Waka, and GHK's Mo'i) and I think I finally discovered my favorite method of prep and consuming, I finally bought me 2 Aluballs the other day to try finishing off my pound of micro Mo'i (toss and wash was giving me intense nausea, blender method was time consuming and annoying with prep), and holy mess, it's surprisingly effective with 2-3 washes of even just one ball in the bottle and zero nausea! (also 2 washes in of a ball of med grind Loa Waka mixed with a ball of Pouni Ono knocked my socks off... in a good way!). Second half of this post, today I discovered the most delicious way to consume it... 1 shot of espresso and 1 packet of sweetener of choice, kava went from "get it down as fast as possible and try not to taste ANY of it" to "I could sip on this, it tastes so good"! I'm sure several of you have tried mixing coffee of some sort to it, but for me this did the trick, I even enjoyed the nuance of the kava in the coffee! That's all for now, Bula!

Noah

Kava Curious
The aluball really seemed to cut down on my kava induced nausea as well - it's really made my sessions more consistently enjoyable. Personally I don't mind the taste of kava at all, so I never really mix it with anything. That being said I love a good cup of coffee during my kava sesh! Happy to hear you found a method that works for you. Bula!

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
Use decaff coffee as a chaser alot because it's warming and cozy and the taste really merges with the kavas and is nice. I bet espresso would be almost over powering for the kava flavor which is good hah

D

Deleted User01

To me, it would never make sense to mix kava and caffein I do Kava later in the day to get calm and settle down. The heady coffees give me an attitude adjustment but certainly not a caffeine rush. I drink coffee the next morning to help remove the kava sleep from my eyes and get me perked up again. In fact, I really love coffee the day after kava. In my case, they are opposites.

Pat-Attack

Kava Curious
with my ADHD, caffeine/coffee never does anything anyways, I used espresso for the strong coffee flavor because coffee tastes fantastic! and plus for me even the heavier kavas never let me sleep well, so I prefer the rush from headier varieties during the day.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
with my ADHD, caffeine/coffee never does anything anyways, I used espresso for the strong coffee flavor because coffee tastes fantastic! and plus for me even the heavier kavas never let me sleep well, so I prefer the rush from headier varieties during the day.
If you like strong coffee, may I recommend Bustelo, wonderful and flavorful, I don't drink it with kava because of the contradicting effects, but if it works for you that's great. :)

Jerome

Kava Lover
If you like strong coffee, may I recommend Bustelo, wonderful and flavorful, I don't drink it with kava because of the contradicting effects, but if it works for you that's great. :)
Is there any other coffee? We dedicate a shelf in our pantry to the yellow bustelo bricks!

Pat-Attack

Kava Curious
I promise it's not the coffee/caffeine keeping me awake, 22 years of drinking caffeine at anytime of the day and always sleeping fine. kava no matter if caffeine is involved or not keeps me awake if I drink it before bed. no worries though, I love the stuff more than anything else I've tried.