What's new

Wake 'n Krunk

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
@winfab I haven't tried any yet from GHK. I have only had FU'U and Borogu from BKH. I am interested in the micronized from GHK. If you read my above post you will see I need Kava for work. Which one(s) from GHK are your favorite and why? Thanks
@Kava_Lavar Lately I have been drinking Micronized Boroguru from GHK during work, last night I tried the Fiji from GHK and I think that might be even better for work. The Fiji seems to be more heady, whereas the Boroguru is more balanced.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Yeah Moi is good and heady too, they are both excellent day time kavas, the only diference I noticed was that the Fiji is a bit more euphoric and better, in my opinion, with anxiety issues.

Kava_Lavar

Kava Curious
@winfab The medium grind is cheaper for sure.. but somebody posted on here that micro is stronger and I would assume you need to use less with the micro and therefore cost would equal out. As in teaspoons vs tablespoons..

Can't wait for my order to get in so I can stop procrastinating over it! I also read a post about the micronized mo'i not being as good as the medium grind. I hope that isn't true.

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
I may have to stop drinking kava in the morning... I just get sooooooooo exhausted after a few hours and not a good kind, the over stimulated but fatigued feeling. It seems tho that whenever I have this feeling. Eating food actually alleviates it and makes me "tweak" if it's a heady root. The more carbs the better it seems for this. As eggs did barely anything but bread just a few bites and my energy levels balance right back out.

Damn I don't know how some of you handle the appetite suppression without cannabis. I use a cannabis tincture whenever I don't have an appetite but I'm hungry, it works like a charm.

Jonathan

All Hail Leon
I also read a post about the micronized mo'i not being as good as the medium grind. I hope that isn't true.
It depends on what you like really. The micronized is "sharper" in sensation than the med. grind. The medium grind is a little more subtle and balanced out. I personally like the micronized better because for me, it's consistent and effective. That and, of course, the quickness and lack of mess...
There's no real objective measure of which cultivar or grind of kava is better or worse, it's really ultimately personal, IMO...