What's new

Wanting to get back into Kava for daytime anxiolytic effects

NileKinnick

Kava Curious
Is there a good affordable heady/blendy kava that would be fine for daytime work/anxiolytic effects? I'd be fine with medium traditional prep or micro, but what I'm really concerned with is affordable. I just quit drinking a couple weeks ago (again) and we're heading into the busiest time of my employer's year while experiencing a lot of turnover on our team in a role that is not replaceable easily. I'm already applying out of the department, turned down an interview for a promotion within my department, retailoring my resume and planning to meet with a couple recruiting agencies, but for the near future I will probably be working 50 hour weeks and disappointing everyone (my employer, internal customers, customers who have my contact information) for things out of my control. I should add that my customers are people in difficult financial situations (without getting any more specific). I think it's time to jump on rebuilding that reverse tolerance, but I need help shopping. It's been a while and prices were creeping up the last time I tried kava for a few months.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Is there a good affordable heady/blendy kava that would be fine for daytime work/anxiolytic effects? I'd be fine with medium traditional prep or micro, but what I'm really concerned with is affordable. I just quit drinking a couple weeks ago (again) and we're heading into the busiest time of my employer's year while experiencing a lot of turnover on our team in a role that is not replaceable easily. I'm already applying out of the department, turned down an interview for a promotion within my department, retailoring my resume and planning to meet with a couple recruiting agencies, but for the near future I will probably be working 50 hour weeks and disappointing everyone (my employer, internal customers, customers who have my contact information) for things out of my control. I should add that my customers are people in difficult financial situations (without getting any more specific). I think it's time to jump on rebuilding that reverse tolerance, but I need help shopping. It's been a while and prices were creeping up the last time I tried kava for a few months.
Mahakea or squanch lawena would be the first i’d Think of. If those are too dear i’d Probably go for Tikaram’s Kava Tonga

NileKinnick

Kava Curious
Mahakea or squanch lawena would be the first i’d Think of. If those are too dear i’d Probably go for Tikaram’s Kava Tonga
Trying the lawena. Didn't try squanch last time around. IIRC, you like to freeze and get additional washes after collecting? I would do two washes with the same grind and then discard. I'm assuming you'd suggest freezing after the two washes and collecting a couple batches and then rewashing a couple times with a larger amount of grind? Thinking about affordable.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Trying the lawena. Didn't try squanch last time around. IIRC, you like to freeze and get additional washes after collecting? I would do two washes with the same grind and then discard. I'm assuming you'd suggest freezing after the two washes and collecting a couple batches and then rewashing a couple times with a larger amount of grind? Thinking about affordable.
That is correct. All my kava goes through at least 6 washes, so I do get a big yield.