What's new

Weakness in body

Status
Not open for further replies.

KavaJazz

Kava Curious
I have a concern. For a little over a week now, I've been hitting the kava pretty hard after a while of having none. For the first few days, it was just about 4 servings of the yogi tea for a few days until my shipment of bkh's nambawan came. Then I started having that. Around the time I started drinking it, my legs started hurting a ton, which I attribute in part to some new shoes that make me use different muscles to walk. A few days late, however, going up stairs became incredibly difficult. It got worse and at this point it feels like it may be getting better but I'm not sure. But what really alarmed me was that today at the gym, I was virtually unable to do a pull-up. Normally I can do quite a few. So my whole body is weak, let me add, there's no reason it would be weak due to over exertion. My thought is that maybe this is just a consequence of kava's muscle relaxing properties (I did have quite a lot of kava tincture today prior to the workout). Has anyone had a similar experience?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

avahZ

YAHWEH Shalom
Wouldnt call myself an expert and some of the veteran will expand on this, kava dries you out like a snail on salt. In my experience I have to double my water intake or I look like the old Sean Connery. Not only that be sure you are using noble cultivars.

Non-hydrated

Hydrated

nabanga

Kava Enthusiast
Yes, probably due to a large amount of dehydration rather than "muscle relaxing properties". I got very dehydrated from over-enthusiastic kava consumption a few weeks ago, and felt weak. When I paused for a few days I put on 8kg in 5 days - all from rehydration, pretty much exactly like Mr Connery above.

KavaJazz

Kava Curious
Wow thanks guys! I've been worrying about this quite a bit and it's a relief to hear that there is an explanation with an easy solution!

avahZ

YAHWEH Shalom
Wow thanks guys! I've been worrying about this quite a bit and it's a relief to hear that there is an explanation with an easy solution!

Easy? Well you will have to strap a urinal to you leg some days :happy:

KavaJazz

Kava Curious
Haha, so you guys are saying that even if I'm not showing other signs of dehydration I actually am dehydrated?

K

Kava Steve

It's best if you rig up a IV at the top, just get one of those beer hats, then rig up a catheter at the bottom half with a bag strapped for collection... This way you can recapture kavalatones for what is known as the second wash :)

KavaJazz

Kava Curious
I'll probably go see a doctor if it doesn't get better by Monday. It's such a weird symptom and I'm concerned that it could be some nerve thing unrelated to kava.

SelfBiasResistor

Persist for Resistance!
When do you drink kava and when do you exercise? You never want to exercise after using kava, it should be used afterwards. The muscle relaxing properties do not last a long time. I can drink heavy kava in the afternoon/evening and weight lift the next morning. At the same time, while drinking kava, I can still lift things as I normally would (no apparent weakness) but I'm way too relaxed and tired to even think about attempting a strenuous workout. I would take a couple of days off and goto the doctor if it doesn't improve. I would think that it's likely not the kava unless you're consuming strong kava in the hours before your workouts.

KavaJazz

Kava Curious
The tincture was made by Pharmaca and was made on location where I bought it. I doubt it was high quality kava used, but I also trust them and don't think they'd probably use tudei or anything. But this weakness really began about a week ago, and probably got slightly worse this week

KavaJazz

Kava Curious
I read a disturbing article called: Kava linked to kidney and muscle problems. It talked about a cyclist who collapsed and had been drinking kava prior to it for a while and had had a lot that particular day. He also complained of muscle weakness. But I have been hydrating a lot as some of you recommended. Thus far, not much has happened. My plan is to lay off the kava for a few days and drink a lot of water and see if it gets better.

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
Yeah. I wouldn't drink a bunch of kava and go bicycling hahahaha. Unless youve been Drinking gallons of water.... plus who knows if these people were drinking tuedi or even leaf matter.... I trust the herb store down the road from my work . Very nice lady knows alot about herbs ect... knows nothing about kava nobility.. her stuff texted pure tuedi from Deleted User... even mountain rose a well respected HIGH quality herb store. Their kava was 15 % tuedi ! ... buy an ounce from them and send it to Deleted User ... then you'll know your answer

SelfBiasResistor

Persist for Resistance!
Regardless, you should never drink kava before a workout or strenuous work, it should always come after. Unless you are drinking tudei, kava shouldn't effect your physical ability the next day. I typically work out once a day (weight lifting primarily), so I never use kava in the morning. The only anti-anxiety substance I have found to be good for use pre-workout is phenibut and I wouldn't recommend using it the same day as kava unless you like to sleep a lot.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Yeah I can't imagine even wanting to work out after taking kava. Relax man, just have a nice nap or something.

KavaJazz

Kava Curious
Yeah, I'm starting to think my problem isn't from the kava, unless I've just been massively dehydrated for a while

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
I actually stopped drinking kava on Sunday and then got my ass kicked this week, feeling better now that I've been drinking kava again :eek:

Really though I drink kava every night and exercise every morning, I've never noticed a problem.

nabanga

Kava Enthusiast
For about 2-3 days after stopping I felt like the 3km walk into town was a struggle, when normally I wouldn't even think about it as counting as exercise. Carrying a 10kg pack of water felt really heavy and I was very relieved if someone stopped and gave me a lift. Again normally I wouldn't even hardly notice carrying 10kg. But after 2-3 days of abstinence and lot of water I was back to normal. I am almost sure it was just extreme dehydration.

Kavakaize

kavakaize
I never feel weakness unless I overdo it within hours of drinking Kava. If I do take a day or two off I feel normal just would be better with kava then without...DUH

Status
Not open for further replies.