What's new

I Love Kava Friday Welcoming the weekend.

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
Go the homemade custard route this time. You won't be sorry.
I use this recipe: https://www.food.com/recipe/old-fashioned-banana-pudding-32625#activity-feed
One thing to change is only use the yolks of the eggs for the custard, and use 4. Use the whites for the meringue if you want to add it. I've found the custard always comes out lumpy when you use the whole egg.
Also, heat your liquid ingredients up and then temper the egg yolks in. This will also prevent clumping.
Also, to add to your wise advice, if possible, always use the most unrefined, unprocessed sugar possible. Same for salt.

Redmond Real salt is the best. Himalayan is fantastic of course, but I discovered that there is a huge variation in the quality of Himalayan salt depending on how and where from it was mined.

Whereas Redmond real salt is consistently the purest in the world and damn tastier I can tell you than any refined or table salt.

Rapadura sugar is pure and unrefined. Or jaggery too.

Last edited:

hightides42

our Roots run deep
oh yes, the end of weekend and expected Monday blues... wow, Kavasseur, how beautifully tragic you painted that scene! :joyful:
have been falling deep in cups (and love) with GHK Mahakea this weekend, nice follow up to 3 days of Papa Kea drinking, and feeling ready for the week ahead, once past Monday anyways :eek:

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
Well it was a mix of N@H Solomon Gold and KWK Pouni Ono fir me today.

2nd Aluball wash of last nights 15 gram Pouni Ono, plus 20 gram double wash ball of Solomon, mixed.

Followed by a 15 gram ball of a milder Fijian Savusavu.