What's new

Well the micro samplers here

nickbroken

Kava Enthusiast
Gonna try it in the morning. If its too much will blend with Nene. This mahakea feels a little on the heavy side

boxcar beatnik

Kava Enthusiast
I LOVE moi just hadn't been able to catch it in the site last couple times I've needed to order kava. Mahakea is great too. Definitely didn't feel like i settled for less when i got it instead

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
My take on what I know of GHK kavas are that Moi is very heady, too heady for me, Mahakea is well balanced, Nene is heavy but not too strong. They are the big players in the GHK range but the others are awesome too... Hiwa is very like Nene but a lot stronger, maybe double the strength. Papa Kea is like Mahakea but a lot heavier. Hanakapi Ai is the big boy that ends all conversations dead, it's a strong kava. I didn't get on with Opihikao and I can't remember if there are any other GHK kavas that I have tried but I know there are more available. If I could only ever order from GHK ever again in my life I would be able to cope. There are nice kavas that I like from other vendors but I always do love a GHK night :)

nickbroken

Kava Enthusiast
Yeah I will have to try the boronguru from kwk whenever some micro is in the borogu is nice. I love to mahakea most likely my favorite kava, that or boroguru it's a toss up. I need to try the hiwa and hani, I love Nene but it is weak. I enjoyed the moi a lot though, but I will say that I prefer balanced or heavy for sure.

Palmetto

Thank God!
I don't know what all the fuss about Mo'i is. Nothing to be scared of. I think it is the best heady mixer out there, but doesn't make me jittery, like Papa Kea does (as I am drinking a blend of Mahakea and Papa Kea). Mo'i by itself feels like it is missing something, but makes up for what other kavas are missing. Hanikapi Ai + Mo'i is a nice blend, as I imagine Stone/Mahakea + Mo'i would be.

Tfin

Kava Enthusiast
I find it strange as well that Moi seems to be energizing everyone. I agree that it is very heady (which I like) but I don't feel jittery or energized, I really enjoy it anytime of day. Right now I'm into a half lb of Boroguru micro from GHK, I find it quite heady as well, very smooth and pleasant.