What's new

I Love Kava Friday Well well well, if it isn't that day of the week.

fait

Position 5 Hard Support
It's disgusting outside. Lots of wind, lots of sleet, the temperature is supposed to drop rapidly over the course of the day. This is a day to stay indoors. I hope I don't get cravings for junk food. I should maybe recruit my good ol' friend in the cupboard kava to help me through the day.
Bula/Malok!
What language is "malok?"

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
It's disgusting outside. Lots of wind, lots of sleet, the temperature is supposed to drop rapidly over the course of the day. This is a day to stay indoors. I hope I don't get cravings for junk food. I should maybe recruit my good ol' friend in the cupboard kava to help me through the day.
"Malok" is what they say in Vanuatu like they say "bula" in Fiji. I believe it means something similar to "Cheers"

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
"Malok" is what they say in Vanuatu like they say "bula" in Fiji. I believe it means something similar to "Cheers"
I think we refer to it as Cheers but it is meant as life or to life! IDK Apparently it can also mean Hello. We would need confirmation from our Pacific friends...

kavakarma

Kava Enthusiast
IMG_20220210_213116.jpg IMG_20220210_215259.jpg IMG_20220210_213922.jpg
Here is an ice palace for you all, there are many photos which I'll add to an album later, and three more I intend to show now but am having forum challenges getting them uploaded. The castle is 13 blocks high on the lowest wall and 24 blocks high at the peak, with each block stretching from my elbow to fingertip, and some reject blocks in the back that appear too heavy to be lifted even with machines.

Bubba Bula

krunkadelic relic
Sounds like Klingon. "I'd like some malok with a side of gagh."

fait

Position 5 Hard Support
Sounds like Klingon. "I'd like some malok with a side of gagh."
You can do that with any language, really. We were getting some Indian food one week and my friends were looking at the menu. They had "punjab palak curry" and someone thought it was humorous to say outloud "I gotta get some Punjab palak with some mango lassi." You have to wonder in other languages when they hear English if they think "cheeseburger with fries" is hilarious for them to say. They may have no reference for what a cheeseburger is or what fries are, they just think the words are fun(ny) to say.

Bubba Bula

krunkadelic relic
You can do that with any language, really. We were getting some Indian food one week and my friends were looking at the menu. They had "punjab palak curry" and someone thought it was humorous to say outloud "I gotta get some Punjab palak with some mango lassi." You have to wonder in other languages when they hear English if they think "cheeseburger with fries" is hilarious for them to say. They may have no reference for what a cheeseburger is or what fries are, they just think the words are fun(ny) to say.
Oh man I could go for some Vindaloo Chicken right about now.

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
ktsp.png

Glad to say my Santo's Pride finally showed up, it was an epic journey of "One-Day shipping" that took half a month to arrive and was constantly on the move throughout the country. It's a well travelled little package that just has one more stop to make, ...right down the gullet! ::chugger::

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
View attachment 12412
Glad to say my Santo's Pride finally showed up, it was an epic journey of "One-Day shipping" that took half a month to arrive and was constantly on the move throughout the country. It's a well travelled little package that just has one more stop to make, ...right down the gullet! ::chugger::
Just in time for next Friday's thread. :)