What's new

I Love Kava Friday Well wouldn't you just look what we have here.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Again, we have yet another one of those DAYS OF THE WEEK, kava lovers!

FRIDAY!!

I hope you all have an excellent weekend. I plan on trying to catch up on at least just a little of the sleep lost on that 4 hour time change between here and the Pacific, lol. I'll tell you another thing different is the temp. Starting to drop down now, and really starting to feel like winter. Stay warm and stay relaxed!

Bula/Malok!

DALL·E 2022-12-16 07.06.06 - digital art of sloths skating on a frozen lake.png

Alia

'Awa Grower/Collector
Also said he slept better than when he was a teenager. I love it!
Worth noting that he'd had 5 shells recently in Vanuatu, no issues.
The hibiscus mucilage is known to enhance sakau effects. Plus making
the beverage with virually no water.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Worth noting that he'd had 5 shells recently in Vanuatu, no issues.
The hibiscus mucilage is known to enhance sakau effects. Plus making
the beverage with virually no water.
He made the classic mistake of false equivalences. I believe I even overheard someone at the conference last week say that the shells themselves were shared among many, and nobody puts down an entire container's worth at once, lol

Alia

'Awa Grower/Collector
He made the classic mistake of false equivalences. I believe I even overheard someone at the conference last week say that the shells themselves were shared among many, and nobody puts down an entire container's worth at once, lol
Could be. I have had Hawaiian 'awa (Papa Kea) preparred here several times by folks from Pohnpei. We got a huge flat pohaku from Kolekole Stream and the tree hibiscus nearby.
The straining was through numerous strands of wet, peeled inner layer from tree hibiscus. Like cambium layer but not sure. The rule was to sip each shell slower rather than down the shell as other areas traditionally do.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Could be. I have had Hawaiian 'awa (Papa Kea) preparred here several times by folks from Pohnpei. We got a huge flat pohaku from Kolekole Stream and the tree hibiscus nearby.
The straining was through numerous strands of wet, peeled inner layer from tree hibiscus. Like cambium layer but not sure. The rule was to sip each shell slower rather than down the shell as other areas traditionally do.
So they even use minimal water, almost pure Hibiscus sap?

I'm blown away by the way people have approached and consumed kava over the millennia of its existence. Truly a different method, ceremony and tradition in every place it landed.