What's new

What’s in everyone’s shell this week?

Sunset_squash67

Aus kava enthusiast
Green gold kava from Savusavu.

It's only the second kava I've tried, but damn it feels strong. The other night I made the mistake of having 6tbsp over an hour or so... Had my legs not cooperating with me!

JohnMichael

Kava Synchronized
I thought there might be a sticky for it but couldn’t find one. I’m shelling art of kava kelai, bir kar, and qila Leka.
Also enjoying Kelai, but Root and Pestle brand from NZKS. Amazing high quality, fine ground (for a medium grind), clean kava. And I will shake up a separate small batch of Wow kava for the fun of it. Any middle of the night insomnia gets drowned by the NZKS' instant green kava.

Ily.Pio

Brand new. First comment.

My partner really wanted to try kava and there aren't any bars near us, and money is tight, so I went with what I could afford on Amazon after reading, and then getting totally overwhelmed with reviews. It is Kava Kings Noble Kava Tonga.

Please be kind. I am here to learn. <3

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder

My partner really wanted to try kava and there aren't any bars near us, and money is tight, so I went with what I could afford on Amazon after reading, and then getting totally overwhelmed with reviews. It is Kava Kings Noble Kava Tonga.

Welcome. I assure you we're all here for the same purpose :)

ThePiper

Kava Lover

Welcome! I’ve had kava kings “instant” before and it wasn’t bad. I think it’s a brand with decent integrity and I have even seen it sold locally at the health food store. I think Chris from Gourmet Hawaiian Kava vouches for the owner of the company too. If youre looking for something affordable that has more feedback here and strain choices I would suggest kava vanua’s kava. They have cheap root With free shipping and the quality is solid (tested noble)

Mixnpickngrinnin

Kava Curious
Kava Depot Solomon Chief. Reordered some bc i liked my last bag so much and it came through within a few days in the mail... yea, i still really like it. heavy, sleepy, stoney, long lasting.
I also got some of the Kava Time Santos Pride I am excited to try when this Chief bag gets low, they claim it is stronger than their Ambae o_O

kavakarma

Kava Enthusiast
I'm having Squanch waka tonight, drank a liter and a half so far. My orders from BKH for strainer bags and from N@H for Kelai have already shipped, my order from Squanch for more waka and some lawena shipped too , I ordered today.

Crowe

Kava Curious
FVK 70/30 Malo Cruz/ Vanuatu. Just order FVK Fiji gold pack with loma Waka and old roots Waka. Excited to try it.

mzii

Kava Curious
I've really been enjoying Saqani's Fame from Kava Time. It's noticeably lighter in colour than the Vanuatu Santo's Pride I got from them—and also has a much subtler, but beautiful and complex aroma. It's one of those rare kavas that smells delicately of cucumbers. I don't think I'm imagining that. In terms of effects, it gives me that light, floaty anxiolytic feeling I have experienced from other well-balanced Fijian kavas—very medicinal in quality. The Santo's Pride, on the other hand, is a super pungent and peppery Kava with effects I would consider more recreational but I have to be more careful not to overdo it due to its potency If I had to choose one, I think I'd take the Saqani's Fame, but what I really love is mixing them at various ratios—they really complement each other.

TrevC

Kava Enthusiast
I'm down to just one bag of KWK Melo Melo, so that's what's going in mine tonight.
I've been on a break (Skin looks normal now, LOL!) so I'm looking forward to it.

PapaCthulu

Kava Lover
Enjoying a mix of Royal Roots Tonga, Wakacon Lawena and Wakacon Waka. But I just got a pound of Solomon Islands Gold in from Kava Depot that I will probably be sampling tonight.