What's new

What do you do when the Kava runs out?

TidyMinion

Kava Padawan
Just thought I'd post what I do when finishing a bag of kava. Probably been covered before but I haven't really gotten into reading that far back in the posts on the yuku boards. I cut the bag in half and, making sure the top of the bag is ziplocked close, fill the bag with warm water and swish around to get all the good kava dust from the bag. I'll drink it as a mild toss 'n wash or throw it in with the next batch.

I also took this opportunity to post my current kavas i'm drinking and sometimes mixing together to nice effect:

infraredz

BULA!
That's actually a good idea. Some of that stuff is just like dust, so much so that sometimes when I open a bag of kava the dust puffs out into the air. I once even got some in my eye.

How do you like the Melo Melo. What's it like compared to the Boroguru?

Ed!

Kava Enthusiast
I do this same thing but without the bag cutting. Just add some warm water, zip the top, swoosh it around and then toss it into the batch I'm making. Waste not the kava!

Ecto

Train by day, Kava by night....All day
Haven't had it happen to me yet....but I cringe at that thought.

Good call on that bag/water trick. Making sure you get everything you pay for!

Vekta

Notorious Lightweight
Review Maestro
I think to myself " *sigh*.....here we go......" :rolleyes:

I can go up to 2 weeks if I'm lucky and be mostly ok. After that I slowly start to revert to how I was before. Not fun. after 2 months I'd probably be 1/2 to 3/4 of the way back to how I was before kava.

When I run out I tend to use old coping methods like talking to a very close friend or picking an "anchor" when I enter a room. An Anchor is someone who grounds me in reality if that makes any sense.

TidyMinion

Kava Padawan
I will say I cut the bag in half trying to get to the kava to scoop it better but then I just ended up licking the bag to get the kava but that seemed a little odd haha. Then I progressed to the water in the bag method which is definitely preferred.

Infraredz, the Melo Melo is good. It is just as described, mellow. This is the first time i've gone through a bag of anything but Solomon's so I'm still working towards identifying a good kava for me and really appreciating everything it does for me. I like the Melo Melo although it does give me some heavy eyelids after a meal and I've nodded off during episodes of Fringe here and there :)

Vekta, I do understand the "anchor" concept. That's gotten me through many a social gathering for years but it does seem that trading kava for alcohol recently in those types of situations has definitely opened me up with none of the side effects of alcohol (for me, headaches, heartburn and clumsiness). One night last weekend I decided to not have kava and have some drinks instead and just ended up regretting not sticking with kava that night. I didn't feel as confident or fun around my friends and ended up with a head-splitting migraine later in the night. Kava has definitely become my social "medicine" so to speak :)

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
A year ago when I started on these forums. I was still running out of kava. Really dabbing into that last bit. Kind of counting the tablespoons and how many days until the mail comes. It was hectic... now I just drink away and worry about getting to sick by 7 pm hahahaha jk kinda.

The best is today. When I was suprised by package of Wow and black sand kava yesterday by @nakamalathome freaking amazing kava by the way! Never experienced a true heavy kava before yesterday (Wow haven't tried the black sand yet). And now I have @Kalm with Kava and @Gourmet Hawaiian Kava coming in.. no longer must I choose between you wonderful vendors .. and o yeah I have tons of namabawan from @Bula Kava House stocked up.... ahha the relief!

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Honestly I have never run out of kava. I took all of my alcohol money and bought kava with it instead, loads of kava. Seriously, I went through a stage as most people seem to do of ordering just about anything I liked the look of so I have a lot of kava left over. When it's all gone I have a list of 5 or 6 kavas that I always want to have in stock.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Sorry guys. Kavadude is right. We've never seen this kind of volume before. I'm totally relying on my team of mods and admins right now. It's been almost 100 for the past week, and in the refrigeration business that means the stress meter is pegged.

Even when I get home, basically the only thing on my mind is couch and sleep. I can't speak for the other times of year, but in all honesty I earn my salary during these crucial months.

Really, I feel bad because of it. You guys are my link to sanity on a lot of days.

nakamalathome

Kava Vendor
Just thought I'd post what I do when finishing a bag of kava. Probably been covered before but I haven't really gotten into reading that far back in the posts on the yuku boards. I cut the bag in half and, making sure the top of the bag is ziplocked close, fill the bag with warm water and swish around to get all the good kava dust from the bag. I'll drink it as a mild toss 'n wash or throw it in with the next batch.

I also took this opportunity to post my current kavas i'm drinking and sometimes mixing together to nice effect:

Hope you enjoyed the Solomon!