What's new

what is krunk?

Tortie

Besides the obvious......how do folks that get krunked experience it and how long does it typically last?

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
Besides the obvious......how do folks that get krunked experience it and how long does it typically last?
for me being krunked, means Ive acheived my goal with consuming my kava. It could range from being super relaxed to having a sense of happy euphoria.

For heady kavas, it lasts for an hour or so and for heavier kavas it can last for multiple hours.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
"Krunk" will have an array of definitions depending on who you ask. For me, krunk is the distinct feeling that normal rules for gravity just don't work. The floor wants to come up to meet you. There is also a distinct auditory kava "sound stage". Sounds feel bigger, as if the stereo effect is being widened on a sound system.

If you've taken it to 11, krunk can entail having to close one eye to make out images and navigate your surroundings. If you ever achieve this level, a couch and the horizontal position are necessary.

Intrepidus_dux

Kava O.G.
"Krunk" will have an array of definitions depending on who you ask. For me, krunk is the distinct feeling that normal rules for gravity just don't work. The floor wants to come up to meet you. There is also a distinct auditory kava "sound stage". Sounds feel bigger, as if the stereo effect is being widened on a sound system.

If you've taken it to 11, krunk can entail having to close one eye to make out images and navigate your surroundings. If you ever achieve this level, a couch and the horizontal position are necessary.
I’ve done the one eye closed thing for sure!

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
For me krunk is just the intoxicated state of kava drinking. Typically the euphoric waves of bliss and happiness part lasts about 20 to 30 minutes, maybe as little as 10 and as long as 45 minutes, but usually 20 - 30. After that the deeper effects kick in and last the rest of your life.

kastom_lif

Kava Lover
There are even different kinds of krunk. Sometimes you have to do the one eye thing. Sometimes your eyes are fine but your legs turn to rubber.

For me, heady kavas are more likely to knock me crosseyed if I go hard, yet the effects are slow rollers, suggesting that they come from "heavy" KL's (or maybe metabolites of the heady ones?) The nicest clean heavies will get you all loose without as much eye distortion or nausea. Sometimes you won't realize how cut you are until you try to walk.